Friday, November 29, 2013

The Tree Is Up!

Hello there! Yesterday was great! My dad wasn't able to come though, because he hurt his back. I'll see him tonight though, when Bob and I go over my parents for dinner. I got to talk to my aunt from and cousin from Texas a lot. My cousin Frannie just turned 12, and is already 5'6" and wears size 8 1/2 shoes!! (She's an inch shorter than me and my sister.) I can't believe how different she looks now! I last saw her in the summer, but she seems even more adult-like now! And it's not just the height, it's her face too, that's changed. She's my flower girl, but it's funny because two of my bridesmaids are 5'0" and 5'2"! And who knows, by June she could be even taller. 
It was really cute, at one point yesterday one of my grandmother's Maine Coon cats jumped into my lap. I didn't want to get up! I wish my cats would do that. (One of my cats is my grandmother's cat's sister.)
Today I'm going to work out, clean the apartment, and bake Christmas cookies. Bob and I are leaving here around 5:30 to head to my parent's house. My family from Texas is coming, my grandparents, and maybe another aunt and uncle. 
Last night we put up our tree, and decorated it! The theme is of course sweets! Those are my favourite decorations ever. I'm always looking for them.
I really love the outfit I put together yesterday. I love how the red belt and cropped yellow cardigan look with the dress, as well as the pairing of the fruit flats with the pie dress! I got a lot of compliments. 




















My mom, sister, and me


My cousin Frannie, and my sister, Brette






My mom brought these hand-painted eggs back for me a year ago, from Salzburg, Austria


Dress: Modcloth
Cropped cardigan: eBay (Old Navy)
Belt: Kohl's
Necklace: Brighton
Bracelet: Francesca's Collections
Flats: eBay (Urban Outfitters)

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. That dress is beyond cute! I totally knew it was from modcloth right away!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Corinne! :) Modcloth is the best!

      Delete