Sunday, August 4, 2013

Home Sweet Home (I Got Engaged!)

Hello there! We had a great trip! We got back from our vacation last night around 10:30. It took us a lot longer to get home than it should have, because in the first half or so of the trip we hit a lot of traffic. We had left Virginia Beach around 11:30 am, so it was a very long car ride! I felt bad for Bob though, since he had to do all the driving. (I don't know how to drive stick.)
This trip was the best trip I've ever been on, because we GOT ENGAGED!!! He proposed right after midnight on Thursday night/Friday morning. He wanted to do it at that time, because it was exactly 4 years, and 9 months of dating. (Novemeber 2 is our dating anniversary.) He did it when we were walking along the beach, on our way back to our hotel. It definetly took me by surprise! I was expecting he would propose sometime soon. But, I really didn't know when. I'm VERY happy! 
It stills seem surreal though. It sounds so grown up- to say: "I'm engaged! I have a fiance." Ha. It'll take some getting used to. But, I love telling people about it! Since it happened so late at night, I didn't want to call and wake up my parents, sister, or friends. I was itching to call them though, ha. 
I called my mom first on Friday morning. (My parents were on vacation in Boston at the time.) My dad wasn't close by her though, so then I had to call up my dad. Then I waited until when I thought my sister and best friend would be on their lunch breaks at work, which I guessed right, and reached them both on their breaks. My sister was the one who was most excited! She was screaming and crying. It was cute, ha. 
I wanted to wait until I told the most important people to me about it, and also until Bob reached his family and told them, until I posted it on Facebook. So, by yesterday evening I had reached almost all the people I wanted to tell via phone. I have another friend I will call soon and tell, but she doesn't use Facebook ha, so there's no threat of her finding out online before I call.
The ring is so unique looking. I've never seen a ring like this before! I love it, and think it's beautiful. A lot of people have been saying how unique it is. He said that's why he picked it out for me, since he knows I love unique items! :)
So, that's why my first outfit blog post since vacation is going to show pictures of the ring! 
I'm wearing a maxi dress in the pictures below. I've never bought one before, or ever even tried one on! I always thought that they wouldn't right on me, because of my body type. But, I thought this one looked decent! And I had to snap it up, because of the rainbow colours! I couldn't resist, ha. 
Sometimes I find such great items at Marshall's. It's Calvin Klein brand, and usually that brand fits me well, and is flattering on me. I wore it both with the thick black belt, and also without. I like it both ways.
The rainbow shown below, we saw on our last night of the trip. (Friday night.) It was so beautiful! I almost never see rainbows. But, then on our drive up yesterday, while we were in Delaware, I spotted another rainbow!!! I couldn't believe it- two rainbow sightings within 24 hours. I took it as a sign.  :)

Here we go:















Dress: Marshall's (Calvin Klein brand)
Belt: Kohl's
Leaf-style necklace: Francesca's CollectionsSquare bead necklace: Modcloth
Bracelet: Kohl's (Mudd brand)
Earrings: Kate Spade Outlet
Ring: My engagement ring!! 
Clutch: Express
Sandals: Modcloth (Saltwater Sandals brand)

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!

    ~Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete