Sunday, August 31, 2014

Lead East

Hello there! Bob & I had a great time at Lead East yesterday! The only real annoying thing was how crowded it was, and that often made it difficult to walk around. We saw sooo many gorgeous classic cars! My favourite was a pink and white '55 Ford Victoria. One of my favourite aspects of classis cars is that many of them are also brightly coloured inside! If I were able to, I would definitely buy one. Maybe one day when I'm older, I can afford to!  Being into classic cars is definitely in my blood; my dad has always been into them, and always owned them. There's videos of when my sister and I were little, playing in the trunk of one of my dad's Cadillacs.
We also had some drinks at the bar, and heard a lot of amazing bands/singers! The last band we saw perform was the Whiptones. They sang acapella, in the doowop style. I looked them up online when we got home, and it seems they just graduated high school in June! I wish there were more 1950's events in our area.
There weren't many ladies dressed in 1950's style clothing, which surprised me! I didn't see any woman wearing Pin Up Girl Clothing. A few people complimented me on my outfit. One woman told me I looked so cute, she wanted to squeeze me into a smoothie!







My favourite car there!















 We match!



Dress & Purse: Pin Up Girl Clothing
Necklace & Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Wedges: JBR Clothing (B.A.I.T. Footwear)


~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh how amazing! I have to figure out a way to make it to a show like this. Actually, my friend Katie was there this weekend too (and she did dress up)!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked the perfect outfit to wear to this! The dress and shoes are just darling. I'm so surprised that you didn't see anyone wearing PUG except you. So strange!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing your Instagram post about this event! You looked super cute, and I'm sure you stood out wearing your totally adorable PUG outfit. That oranges skirt is on the top of my PUG wishlist! I wish there were more 1950's events in my area. I actually haven't heard of any but then again I haven't really looked, haha. I laughed when I read about the lady wanting to squeeze you into a smoothie!

    xo, Serli
    www.lesoleilchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dying of jealousy over your PUG Jenny dress, I already have the Harlequin, Tiki and Cherry print dresses but your pictures have convinced me that I need this orange one too. You look so beautiful and those cars are AMAZING - if only they still made them like this!

    ReplyDelete