Thursday, August 28, 2014

Finally: A Yellow Dress

Hello there! We are so close to Friday now, and a glorious three day weekend, and that makes me oh, so very happy! Tonight Bob made one of my most favourite dishes, pasta with Alfredo sauce and tomatoes and broccoli! We're going to go to Kohl's soon, we have a coupon, plus I still have money left on a gift card I got from my bridal shower. Lately I haven't seen much I like at Kohl's, but we'll see. We are looking in the kitchen/housewares area.
I don't really have plans yet for tomorrow night. Saturday Bob and I are going to Lead East, a huge 1950's festival-type thing. They have a car show and vendors and live music. We've never gone before, and I'm very excited for it! I knew right away what I would wear, ha. I've never really met girls my age who live in this area, who are into "my type" of fashion, so maybe I will meet some on Saturday! And if not meet any, just get to see their outfits. 
Sunday we are going to a BBQ at Bob's cousin's house, although it's supposed to storm on Sunday, so I don't know if they will still be having it. And Monday we aren't going to do much. It'll be so nice to have a very relaxing day with my husband!
In the pictures below I'm wearing a dress my mom made me a couple of weeks ago. I had been wanting a yellow dress for so long, and couldn't find one I loved, so now I finally have one! Even though it has plenty of other colours on it too, ha. But, that's just me; a rainbow lady. 
I got another pair of the fruit flats I'm wearing in these pictures, and they just arrived. They are a size bigger than I am, and they're used, but it's so hard to find these flats, that I'll take what I can get! The reason I got another pair, is that these shoes are sooo cheap and flimsy, and I know my first pair won't last too much longer.












Dress: Handmade by my mom
Belt: Target
Necklace, Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Earrings: Etsy (Incredinedible)
Flats: eBay 


~Bye bye for now!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going to have a blast. I love car shows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we will! So do I :) Well, just classic car shows.

      Delete
  2. It's so awesome your mom MADE this dress, very cute! I love those target belts, you could pretty much have one in every color.
    Kohl's has some really cute kitchen stuff right now!
    I don't really know any ladies my age who are into vintage type clothing and the 1950's era music/scene. That's why I love blogger! I get to find so many people who enjoy the same things that I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, I pretty much do have one in every colour, ha! Such a good price, and so many colour options.
      Yea, I got a couple of things there!
      Yup, me too!! :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing! I love how this is like the macaroon dress by bea and dot. I adore those shoes every time I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom is such a talented dress maker! The shape of it is so flattering on you, and I love the pleats on the neckline. Also, it's so cool that it is nearly the same pattern as a ModCloth dress! So darling (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is absolutely gorgeous!!! Great job by your mom! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete