Sunday, August 24, 2014

Something Different: Pastels

Hello there! Today I'm not doing much, a typical Sunday. I like my relaxing Sundays! I'm getting towards the end of a book, and I can't wait to see how it ends. It's called "Gemini". I'll probably finish it today. I'm also going to work out, and look for fabric online for my mom to make me another dress. I seriously need to learn how to sew soon! I could've learned so long ago, when I lived at home, and I should have! It's so much cheaper to make dresses, and also I have more options for clothing than just shopping, because I can find such cute, colourful material.
In the pictures below I'm wearing a dress I got from Modcloth a year and a half ago. It was my second dress purchase from them. The material is very light and silky feeling. I think the print is so cute. This has to be the most pastel-y item of clothing I own. I don't gravitate towards pastels at all, as I obviously love/am obsessed with bright, vibrant colours. The brooch I'm wearing with it pairs quite nicely, since it is also pretty pastel, and it doesn't match with much else that I have.












Dress: Modcloth
Necklace, Earrings: Etsy (Scrumptiousdoodle)
Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: B.A.I.T. Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

8 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the sewing thing... I've been thinking about learning how to ever since graduating college in May as a new type of learning experience. My mom doesn't know how to sew, but one of my grandmothers does so maybe I'll try to pick it up over Thanksgiving or something. I'd love to see what you come up with if/when you start sewing though!
    -E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, you should learn from one of them! :) Yes, I would definitely show things right away when I start sewing!

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit! I love pastel colors even though I don't wear much pastel either. The addition of the baby blue BAITs makes your outfit totally perfect. And I wish I could sew too! It sounds so cool to have a dress that only YOU have and no one else. And also that it's cut the exact way you want!

    xo, Serli
    www.lesoleilchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an avid sewer, and I love it! It is so much cheaper, and I am able to be really creative to customize the pieces to my liking! I recently figured out how to make really full, gathered skirts and I am in love with how they are turning out. You should definitely pick up sewing soon because I think you would really love it as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's so awesome!! :) Good for you!! Yes, I know that I would love it, just need to sit down & start learning, already, ha.

      Delete
  4. Seriously, this is SUCH a cute dress!!! Totally love it!! XO

    ReplyDelete