Sunday, August 10, 2014

Little Beach Getaway

Hello there! We got back around 2:00 p.m. from Atlantic City. We did hit some traffic on the way back, but luckily only in a couple of spots. We also hit traffic on the way down. We knew we probably would both ways; there's just so many people that go to the shore on the weekends in the summer. We had a great time! The weather was just fabulous both days. Today was a little hotter, but we left around 11:00 a.m. Today we just strolled down the boardwalk and I got a sandwich at Earl of Sandwich for brunch, and then we were on our way. Bob didn't want to stay later; he was tired, and thought we'd hit more traffic if we stayed any later. There's hardly any Earl of Sandwiches in the tri-state area, but I got to go to the one in Newark Airport in June, too! I love their tuna melt so much. Last night for dinner I tried their turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce sandwich. It was really good, too.
Yesterday we went to the beach for a couple of hours. I was in the water most of the time. It was cool at first, but just a few mins later it felt fine. There were no decent waves yesterday. The beach was pretty crowded, too. We also hung out at the beach bar for hours, which is my fav thing to do in AC. The tempature felt just right while we were at the beach bar, and it was really sunny all day. I only got a tiny bit burned, and I did use sunblock, like I always do. 
You can see in the pictures below, that I took pics standing on a life-size Monopoly game that was on the boardwalk. That was neat. Also, there were two huge, amazing sand sculptures that are pictured below. There were signs that said the World Championship of Sand Scuplting was held in AC in June & July. I wonder how long those sculptures will stay standing! I would have loved to check out all the other sculptures that were there. They are so neat!
The trip went so fast, but it was so nice to get away for a little bit! And I'm very glad I got to go in the ocean this summer. And our hotel was sooo close to the beach and boardwalk; that made us very happy! 
I cleaned the apartment after I got home, and have been doing laundry. Other than that, we are taking it easy tonight. Next weekend we are celebrating my one grandmother's birthday on Saturday night, and on Sunday we are going to my other grandparent's house for dinner. Also, my sister will be home next weekend!
























Oranges dress: Pin Up Girl Clothing
Junk food dress: Modcloth (Folter)
Necklaces and brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Wedges: JBR Clothing (B.A.I.T. Footwear)

~Bye bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment