Sunday, January 24, 2016

Snowed In

Hello there! Well, it finally stopped snowing, after getting two feet dumped on us. We went from not getting over half an inch of snow this winter, to this; pretty amazing. This has to be one of our worst snowstorms of all time as well, in fact I'm pretty sure we officially had a blizzard, which is crazy. I only remember us having one other blizzard (in '96). I know my sister (in Nashville) got around 8 inches, which her boyfriend thought was a record for Nashville. The weather forecasters usually get the forecast wrong, they hype it all up, with not enough results, but in this case, they underestimated. Bob was barely home yesterday, and will probably be gone most of the day and evening today. I can't leave, because I don't have a shovel here, and can't get my car out.
I really didn't think the mail would come yesterday, considering how bad it was out, but it did come. My new fruit purse and sprinkles duvet cover and pillowcases arrived, as seen below. I had to wash & dry the cover and pillowcases immediately, & put them on my bed! The set is so darn cute. Luckily, Bob doesn't mind my aesthetic, ha! 
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Modcloth rainbow stripe skirt. I'm glad it was brighter in person that my computer monitor showed. I used to show at Modcloth A LOT, but the past year or so, they hadn't been selling hardly anything I was interested in. They hardly had any bright, fun novelty prints. This skirt is perfect though, and I also got a rainbow dress and pair of BAIT shoes recently. The skirt and dress I got are from their new inhouse Modcloth brand line.













 

Top: Heart of Haute
Cropped cardi: Poshmark (Old Navy)
Skirt: Modcloth
Brooch, Earrings: Etsy (Atomicmingo & Scrumptiousdoodle)
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that bag! I'm obsessed! Fruit/food prints are the greatest. The skirt looks fabulous, too! Do you think it's full enough to fit a thin petticoat underneath?

    Hope you have plenty to read and do while you're snowed in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your bed set. Cody is not as lenient with my style taking over his space, but that's Ok! That's expected. Bob is clearly one of a kind ;) Modcloth has been hit or miss with me lately, too. I haven't stopped buying per se but I am definitely not lusting after as much as I used to. I'd say it's a good thing but I'm just finding goodies elsewhere!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new skirt and the new bedding! Both are so perfect for you! <3

    ReplyDelete