Saturday, January 30, 2016

L'amour

Hello there! Happy weekend! I don't really have plans this weekend, just doing the usual tasks I take care of on the weekend. Bob just wants to stay in, because he had such a stressful, busy last Saturday-Monday with all the plowing he had to do. He didn't a weekend at all last weekend, and in fact worked longer days (11 hours). I wet set my hair last night, to take outfit pictures today with my hair curly from the set. I don't love how it turned out, but it's not awful. I wish I could figure out how to vintage style my hair more effectively! I've been trying for a few months now, and I'm still not loving the results most of the time, and I still can't figure out how to get height in the front of my hair. I tease it and use hairspray and/or pomade, etc., and it still doesn't work. It's frustrating!
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Trashy Diva Red Waterlilies L'amour dress. I missed out in this print when TD was selling it, because I wasn't crazy about it at first. It ended up growing on me though, so I began searching for it online, on eBay and other sites. I ended up finding this one one eBay, for a good price, because the hem is a bit uneven. But, I don't even notice it when it's on, and I don't think anyone else does either! I always wear this with my yellow BAITs, and I don't think I'd pair the dress with any other shoes. This dress is perfect for a tiki bar, and in fact I wore it to tiki bars in New Orleans.

 







Dress: eBay (Trashy Diva)
Cardi: Booth at Viva Las Vegas
Necklace, Brooch: Etsy (Vintage Headquarters, Luxulite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. That dress looks lovely on you! Red and yellow is one of my favorite color combos -- it's like a year-round version of my all-time favorite pair, red and green!

    I've been having an impossible time with the wet-set, too! What kind of rollers do you use? I just got a bottle of setting lotion (which reminds me that I need to get a spray bottle!), so maybe that'll make a difference. If it helps me, I'll let you know! I wish I still lived in LA, so I could go to one of the styling classes out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this dress on you and those yellow bait shoes match so well together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you were the one that won that dress! I was watching the same dress on ebay! I have the exact same pre-story about this print as you. I missed this print when TD still had them because I wasn't sure about it at first. I was hoping I'd be able to grab it on sale when/if it got marked down and was watching it everyday. Unfortunately I missed it when it went on sale (I got the dreaded sold out notification). I was lucky enough though to find it at a local shop that stocks TD, although I ended up having to pay full price for it. It is such a gorgeous print though that I'm glad I didn't let it pass me by. I love this print on you! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete