Sunday, January 31, 2016

Green Kimono Anna

Hello there! What a sunny weekend we've been having! It's been so nice, after all the gray skies we've been having. It's all going to really warm up this week, which I'm excited for. It'll be in the 50's a couple days or so. Bob and I started watching "The Following" on Netflix yesterday, and we watched a few episodes. I had heard good things about it. Bob's not so impressed with it, but I think it's decent. I like suspensful shows like that. A lot of times there's nothing that really jumps out at me from Netflix (other than when there's new episodes of "Orange Is The New Black" and "Wentworth"), and we end up just watching TV.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Trashy Diva Anna Green Kimono dress. I have this dress in a halter style, too. I like having the two options though. This one is better for wintertime (although not great, because the material is very light) than the Lena halter one (which is also shorter). This print is just divine. I really don't know why I wasn't 100% sure about the print when it first came out. When I finally saw it in person at Enz's in NYC, I loved it, and bought the Lena one there. I ended up getting this one (which wasn't available online anymore) from someone in the TD group I'm in. I like that this is more of a 1940's look. I don't really have any other 1940's ish dresses. I'm obviously all about the 50's, ha. I hardly have any green dresses in my wardrobe, in fact my two Green Kimonos may be my only ones with a green background. I don't wear bracelets every day, but I think this carved wood bangle goes great with the dress. I got it from Luxulite. 









Dress: Facebook group (Trashy Diva)
Necklace, Bangle: Etsy

Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful print. Green really suits you! I am surprised you don't have more green in your wardrobe! I often get really bored with Netflix, but I' in Canada and the Canadian Netflix doesn't have nearly the selection American Netflix has...they have to improve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This print took a while to grow on me, too! Unfortunately, I waited too long :(. I love that you wore the lavender Idas with this dress -- it pulls out that bit of lavender in the print so nicely! I hope you guys are enjoying a nice relaxing weekend after all the snow and insanity of last weekend!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this print on you! The colors look great on you! You must have been quick getting this. I didn't even see this one pop up in the group! I used to have two dresses in this print (the day dress and the obi) but I sold the obi because it just wasn't giving me the same love feeling the day dress was giving me. Love both of your GK dress on you! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like green on you! I considered getting a variation of this dress but ultimately chose other things. You look lovely! XO

    ReplyDelete