Sunday, January 17, 2016

French Quarter Skirt

Hello there! Last night Bob and I watched "The Martian". I had read the book a few months ago. Bob hadn't been interested in seeing the movie (he doesn't like Matt Damon), but once it started getting more interesting/dramatic, he was sucked in, ha. I thought the movie was good. I liked the book, except for the parts where it got really scientific/technical. My brain just couldn't focus on those parts, or understand them!
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Trashy Diva French Quarter print skirt. This skirt ran small, and is tight on my waist, but I can manage, and can't bear to sell it. It's one of the rarest/hardest TD prints to find, as no one wants to sell theirs, and I can see why! The print is simply gorgeous. Also, being New Orleans is my favorite city, it is quite perfect for me. I wear this fruit neckace all the time, it's truly my favorite necklace. I paid more for it than any other jewelry I have bought, but it was worth it.
 







Sweater: Gift (Heart of Haute)
Skirt: Facebook swap group (Trashy Diva)

Necklace: Vendor at an antique mall
Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: Modcloth (BAIT Footwear)

~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Trashy Diva needs to bring this back, like Pinup Girl is (allegedly) bringing back some looks. (Did they ever announce which looks won?) Love this and it was nice chatting to you on FB about it ;) So gorgeous! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Lauren! There are so many prints and cuts I hope Trashy Diva will bring back!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this skirt, the print is gorgeous! Also I want that necklace lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous skirt! Don't ever part with it! It is so cute on you! I heard a quick fix once for vintage skirts that run small.... someone suggested if you loop an elastic hair tie in the button hole then attach the excess part of the hair tie to to button it's a quick and easy fix. Then just wear it with a wide belt to hide your "fix". Not sure if this skirt has a button hole and button or if its a hook and eye but I intend to try this with one of my vintage skirts :)

    ReplyDelete