Saturday, July 5, 2014

New Discovery: Trashy Diva Stores!

Hello there! Today I'm going to work out and then get ready to get head to a family picnic at my cousin's house. The weather is so beautiful here now! There's no humidity, which is rare for NJ in the summer. It's just the perfect day for a picnic! My mom's birthday is on Monday, but I'm not sure when we are celebrating it. I keep asking her, but haven't gotten a definitive answer yet. I'll see her today though, at the picnic!
In the pictures below I'm wearing one of the dresses I bought at Trashy Diva in New Orleans! I bought three dresses, a skirt, a bolero, and two pairs of shoes from Trashy Diva. I had never bought anything before from them. I had seen in girl's blogs and Instagrams how cute Trashy Diva's clothes are, but while they have a website and some stores that carry their clothes, the only actual Trashy Diva locations are in New Orleans. I wanted to wait to get there to try on the clothes in person, so I'd know what size I wore, instead of taking a chance and ordering online first. Let's just say I really love their clothes! They have the perfect retro feel, while being totally flattering! The dress I'm wearing in the pictures I also bought in yellow. 
I went to a decent amount of clothes stores in New Orleans, but Trashy Diva was the only one I bought clothes from. It was definitely my favourite store there. They have two clothing stores, two shoe stores, and two lingerie stores in New Orleans. I went to the clothing stores and shoe stores locations multiple times. One of the clothing stores and one of the shoe stores were within easy walking distance from our hotel. They clothing store locations are on Royal Street and Magazine Street. The Magazine Street locations were too far to walk to. We took a bus both times we went to Magazine Street. (Our hotel was on Royal Street though.) 
The only problem with discovering Trashy Diva, is that now I will be looking online a lot for their clothing, and have yet another brand that I love dearly! Which means more money I'll be spending, ha. I've been looking on eBay for two particular prints, but they seem to be very hard to find. One is the French Quarter print (either dress or skirt), and one is a blue and purple plaid dress.
Speaking of Magazine Street, that was one of my absolute favourite places! Bob and I really enjoyed hanging out on the less busy, yet still super fun streets! Magazine Street and Frenchman Street were the best. They definitely did have tourists, but it wasn't crazy like Bourbon Street, or even Royal Street. (Where our hotel was.) Magazine Street has a bunch of little shops, as well as plenty of restaurants and bars. It had a more relaxed, easy-going, quaint atmosphere than the Bourbon Street area. I will share more about my trip and wedding in another post/s!















Dress: Trashy Diva
Necklace: Etsy (Scrumptiousdoodle)
Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Earrings: Etsy (IncredInedible)
Flats: Shoe Bakery


~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. This dress is so gorgeous! It is such a beautiful color, and the fit is really flattering on you (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loveeee Trashy Diva!

      Delete