Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Space-y Outfit

Hello there! Today I'm not doing too much, which is typical for me on Sundays. I love my relaxing Sundays! I'm going to work out, read, write thank you notes, run to Kohl's, and justwatch "The Sopranos" with Bob and relax on the couch. (I was going to go to Kohl's yesterday, but didn't end up doing it because we went to a party a lot earlier than I thought we were going.) Bob's making Tomato Tart for dinner tonight; it's one of my fav meals!! It's very similar to pizza, and pizza happens to be my fav food.
I wore the same dress & bolero to the party that I'm wearing in the pictures below. I got this dress & bolero at Trashy Diva in New Orleans. The sales girl suggested I try the dress on, and I absolutely LOVED it as soon as I had it on! I loved it more than the dresses I had originally chosen to try on. The fit was amazing, and flattering. And I love wearing red! But, what I love even more than just the dress, is this bolero paired with the dress. I didn't even notice the bolero in the store, but the one sales girl was wearing it! And I asked if there were any left. There were only three left, and they were half off! Even better. I hoped that one would fit me, and the first one I tried was tight on the chest, but luckily they had a size up. This one is still a little tight, but I'm used to that, ha. 
I had seen this rocket print on a Trashy Diva dress online, in some blog posts and Instagram pics. I loved it, but when I looked for it online there weren't any left. So, I was so glad I could get a bolero of the same print! And maybe someday I'll find the dress on eBay. I hate that, when I discover a brand and really love an item or items, and the can't find them anywhere, because I discovered it too late!
In the first picture below I'm holding a White Russian drink. I hadn't had one in a long time, but one night at the Carousel Bar, it just popped into my head that I should get one. So, I did it & it was soooo good! So, the rest of the times that we went to the Carousel Bar, I ordered at least one. (My usual drink is Vodka Cran.) The Carousel Bar drinks were a little pricey, but it's great ambiance and the drinks are really good. It's a very popular place. It can be hard to get seats at the Carousel. There are some tables around the Carousel though, but even those are usually all or almost all full. But, it is a must-see in New Orleans!










The famouse cathedral in Jackson Square


The gorgeous Jackson Square!




Dress, bolero: Trashy Diva
Necklace, brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Shoes: Shoe Bakery

~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. This dress is so pretty on you! I totally know what you mean about hunting down a dress that's no longer being produced. I have to say though: it may take time, but I ALWAYS end up finding it :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ashley! Ughhh, yea it's the worst! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Ah yes, that is so frustrating when that happens. I'm always on eBay looking for Anthro dresses that are sold out, hehe. That little bolero is such a great print and fit on you and I'm in swoon mode over your accessories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Yea, I need to check eBay more!

      Delete