Saturday, July 19, 2014

Another New Orleans Post!

Hello there! I still have more pictures to post from New Orleans! All the pictures in this post were taken there. The yellow dress I'm wearing in some of the pictures I got from Trashy Diva in New Orleans. The picture of me posing with a statue, the statue is Ignatius J. Reilly, the main character and narrator of my favourite book: "A Confederacy of Dunces." The book takes place in New Orleans, and the author is from New Orleans. He died before any of his books were published; he committed suicide in his early thirties. "A Confederacy of Dunces" won the Pulitzer Prize posthumously! It is a truly hilarious book, and I would highly recommend it to any adult! From my recommendation two of my friends and my husband read it. They all thought it was quite funny.
Now, I haven't yet talked about the food in New Orleans. My favourite food there was the Po' Boys. They are basically sub sandwiches/hoagies. But, the bread they are on is soooo delicious! It's thick, big French bread. There are so many different types of Po Boys. Most restaurants we went to had at least a couple types to chose from, and some places had dozens of kinds. We tried Johnny's Po Boys towards the end of the trip. It's one of the most famous places for Po Boys. It's small inside, and not too attractive or updated, but that doesn't matter because the Po Boys are amazing!! It was definitely my favourite place for them! I wish we had tried it earlier in the trip. They are also on the cheap side! The address is: 511 Saint Louis Street, French Quarter. At Johhny's I had the cheese Po Boy and the tuna Po Boy.
I also had a turkey and cheese Po Boy at Market Cafe, twice. That place is also really good! It's pricier than Johhny's, but it's not expensive. The first time we went there Bob had an alligator sausage Po Boy! I tried a bite of it, even though I do NOT like sausage. It was okay, ha. I would never order it, myelf. He liked it though. The address is: 1000 Decatur St. It's close to the French Market. You can dine inside or out there.
The French Market is a must see! There are a lot of vendors there, selling all sorts of things. There is art, junky souvenirs, food booths, hand painted trinkets, jewelry, etc. I loved going there. I went two days. It's open seven days a week.
As I expected, most places there had a lot of seafood items. I am not big on seafood, to say the least. I love tuna sandwiches, but other than that I almost never eat seafood. Bob loves some seafood. He had a decent amount of it during the course of the trip. The only seafood I ordered was a crab cake appetizer, ha. If you don't like seafood, don't worry, there are tons of other options.
There's a dive place called Coop's Place, at: 1109 Decatur St. Bob had heard it was a great place to eat. I just got a grilled chicken sandwich there, but it was quite good. He loved what he ordered; he got jambalaya. The place isn't that nice inside, and I didn't like how we were seated. We were seated at one long table with other couples right next to us. I didn't feel comfortable really talking to Bob about much, because the other couples could easily hear everything we said.










This is a statue of Igantius J. Reilly, the main character of my favourite book: "A Confederacy of Dunces" 




Junk food dress: Modcloth (Folter)
Yellow dress: Trashy Diva
Ice cream wristlet: eBay (Betsey Johnson) 
Necklaces: Rainbow one- Modcloth, Other- Etsy (Luxulite)
Brooches: Etsy (Luxulite)
Earrings: Etsy (IncredInedible)
Fruit flats: eBay (Urban Outfitters)

~Bye bye for now!!



No comments:

Post a Comment