Sunday, July 23, 2017

Rainbow Vintage

Hello there! Yesterday I had a full day of antiquing with my mom in Adamstown, PA. We hadn't been since December. Adamstown is known as the antique capital of the U.S. There's
over 1,000 vendors in 7 miles. We went to about seven antique malls while we were there.
A couple of the big ones aren't open on Saturdays, unfortunately, which to me is very odd. 
I found a few small things: two cheap bangles, a plastic Santa (it still lights up when plugged in!), an adorable cherry print apron, and a Christmas recipe box. My favorite find was the Santa. I had first seen it on the cover of Golden Glow magazine a few months ago, and I loved it! After that, I didn't see it while browsing online or at antique stores, until yesterday.
I found it for $22.40 (it was 10% off), and then at the next antique mall I went in with, I saw another one, marked $85 and it was 20% off, but still, I think I got a really good deal! 
The recipe box was only $3 and the apron was $8!
In the pictures below I'm wearing my latest true vintage dress! I only had one before this, the one I bought in Nashville, and that I mentioned in my last blog post. I bought this vintage beauty from an Etsy shop called Zest Vintage. I had never heard of the shop before, but an online friend tagged me in the shop's Instagram post about this amazing dress. Luckily I saw the tag a few minutes after, and immediately went to Zest's Etsy shop, although I figured it probably wouldn't be in my size. To my amazement, it was my size! I was so excied and bought it lightning fast. When I went back to Instagram to thank the lovely lady who tagged me, she told me she checked out the measurements before tagging me in the post! Wasn't that so kind of her to do?? Even though it seemed the dress would fit me, it does have a dreaded side zipper, so I was still somewhat nervous about it zipping. 
When I got home after antiquing yesterday, the dress was there waiting for me. I put it on first thing, and was even able to zip it by myself, without assistance from Bob. I was so relieved! I of course LOVE the bright pastel rainbow print! The material is thin and lightweight. I love the matching belt it came with, too. After finding this dress I did an Etsy search and there were a few more of these rainbow dresses on Etsy, but none with the belt. The brand is Jerry Gilden, and I'll definitely keep doing Etsy & eBay searches for more of that brand's vintage dresses! 















Dress: Etsy (Zest Vintage)
Bangles: Splendette

Earrings: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that rainbow vintage dress is amazing on you, and totally you! I love the bangles with it as well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great finds! Jerry Gildan's dresses are good ones to snag - they last a long time and were really well made. This is so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is just perfect! I adore it on you -- and it reminds me of that pastel modcloth skirt, too. So glad you saw the good deal on the Santa before the other one...imagine if you'd bought the more expensive one?

    ReplyDelete