Sunday, July 9, 2017

Wildflowers

Hello there! I had a good day yesterday. I went to lunch at Panera with my friend, and had my usual selection there: broccoli cheddar soup. After we met up, I went to a couple of shops. At TJ Maxx, I lucked out! I got a few brightly colored items, along with a white picture frame. I had a gift hard that I'd had for a couple of years, and have been wanting to spend there. I ended up almost hitting exactly what was left on the card; I only had to pay 18 cents for my items, ha! My favorite item I found was a Betsey Johnson rainbow sprinkle make up bag, so perfect for me! I didn't find anything at my new stop: Home Goods. 
In the evening, Bob and I went out for a couple of drinks at an outdoor bar about 15 minutes from us. Today we're just spending the day at home.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Trashy Diva Wildflowers Trixie dress. I am going to return the Streetcar I had also ordered in this print, surprisingly. At the time of ordering, I thought the Streetcar would be the one I'd end up keeping, even though I had never tried one on before. I LOVE how bright and cheery this print is! Since the dress has a white background, it really feels like a summertime dress, although I'll extend that a bit by wearing it in late spring and early fall. I like to get the maximum use out of dresses. This dress is so comfortable, and the main reason for that is that there are elastic side panels. I'll definitely be wearing this one to work, as well as outside of work. The fabric is cotton voile, which is a great fabric to wear when it's hot out. Cotton voile also creates lovely full, poofy skirts, which I love. I also have a cotton voile Carnival print Trixie, which I wear a lot, and a rayon Trixie sarong. 
This Wildflowers print is 60's inspired, which is a bit outside TD's norm when it comes to prints. It seems most of their prints are 40's & 50's inspired, with some falling outside of that. I love how they have such a crazy variety of prints, colors, and dress styles. There's something for everyone! Of course, that means I don't like every new release, but that's okay. Better for my wallet, right??




Dress: Trashy Diva
Bangles: Etsy (BrighterBakelite)
Earrings: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment