Friday, July 28, 2017

This Dress Is For The Birds

Hello there! Bob and I will just be staying in tonight, but tomorrow's a big day; we're heading out to Lancaster, PA for the day to go to Retro Fest. It's supposed to rain there ugh, but I hope it doesn't last all day! There's going to be bands, a pin up contest, vendors, a car show, etc., like more rockabilly festivals. 
We finished season seven of "Shameless" on Wednesday night, and it was a great finale, as I expected it would be. It's so hard to wait for new episodes to come out! Every season is phenomenal, and full of really surprising twists and turns. I hope there are many more seasons of it, but so far for now, I read it's been renewed for one more season.
In the picture below I'm wearing my Trashy Diva turquoise birds Lena Sarong. It's my second sarong dress; I added my first one to my closet last month in a Trashy Diva dress swap (and blogged about it last month).Sarongs wil never be my very favorite dress style, as I will always love big, full skirts the most, but I do like how these TD sarongs look on me. I've yet to try another brand. This birds print is very rare and hard to find, and I just really lucked out by getting this one recently, as well as the Lupe in this print that I got last month in a dress swap. I don't have to many multiples in the same print, but if a print is THAT good, I'll make an exception for it! Sarongs are obviously perfect for summertime, but I don't want to own too many, since I like to get as much year round wear as possible out of my dresses.
I paired my colorful fruity Luxulite necklace with this dress. The blue in it matches the dress quite well, and I just think tropical fruity necklaces go well with this tropical dress. Now, can I please go have a dacquiri.... or Blue Hawaiian at a tiki bar on the beach??

 





 

Dress: Trashy Diva (Facebook group)
Necklace, earrings: Etsy (Luxulite)
Bangles: Etsy (BrighterBakelite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment