Saturday, February 25, 2017

Kitschy Kitchen Kelly & Antiquing

Hello there! Today Bob & I went to a local antique show, and then had some drinks at a restaurant/bar in town. The antique show had 45 dealers, and I had never been to this one before. I only bought one item: a bottle brush wreath. A couple of vendors recognized me from an antique show I went to in December, including the one I bought the wreath from today. It's my first bottle brush wreath, and I love it. It's in really good condition, too. I try to only buy antiques that are in good condition, and Bob is a stickler for that, too. We were only at the show for about 45 minutes, so that made Bob happy, ha. 
After the show we went down the street to a brew pub that also has an outdoor bar, in case the outdoor bar was open, since it was so warm out. Unfortunately it wasn't open, and the bar inside was packed, so we went to a different restaurant/bar that's closer to home. We sat at the bar, and the bartender is actually a teacher at the school I work at. I already knew she worked there, but never had been waited on her there before. 
It was crazy warm again today; got up to 70 degrees. We got a thunderstorm in the afternoon, which is very odd for winter. The cold front is coming back in, and it'll be much cooler tomorrow, unfortunately. I've been getting too used to this spring/summmery weather!
In the pictures below I'm wearing the outfit I wore today. I usually wear this retro kitchen Bernie Dexter Kelly when I go antiquing, because it's oh, so appropriate for it! It's one of my most worn dresses, period. I like to think it brings me good antiquing luck too, ha.






Dress: Bernie Dexter
Brooch: Deer Arrow
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day and I love that you wear this dress for antiquing. Totally looking forward to the warmer weather too! So glad it will be here soon again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time at the antique show! I love this Bernie dress, I'm actually featuring this same dress on my blog this week! :)

    ReplyDelete