Thursday, February 16, 2017

Serving Up Some Americana

Hello there! Well, my four day weekend is now upon me. It's the last time off until spring break in April, when I'll be away in Vegas for part of break. To make it even better, we are supposed to have a very warm Saturday-Monday, reaching a peak of 60 degrees on Sunday! It's not supposed to rain, either. So, I'm really going to get spring fever this weekend!
I haven't had much going on this week so far. I went to a board meeting last night, but it didn't go too long, and I got home around 6:45. I've still been watching "Call the Midwife" on Netflix, as there's five seasons on there. I'm on the beginning of season 4 now. The show isn't one of my all time favorites, but it's pretty good.
I'm seeing a friend tomorrow night, and Saturday and Sunday nights have family dinners to go to. We are celebrating my grandfather's birthday on Saturday at my parents' house, and we have family from Texas that will be here all weekend, and will be at both dinners (we're going out to eat at a restaurant on Sunday).
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Trashy Diva Americana dress that I won on eBay about two years ago. I get a lot of use out of it in the wintertime. It's pretty much the perfect shirt dress; it's simple, but flattering and comfortable, and looks like it could be vintage. 
It also fits really well everywhere, which is not usually the case for me with dresses. I hope Trashy Diva starts making this stye again soon! I don't think they've made any new Americanas in the almost three years I've been buying from them.
Since the dress is just a solid red, I can pair it with so many different brooches, and any of my black shoes. You can't go wrong with a well made, flattering, red dress!






Dress: eBay (Trashy Diva)
Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic dress on you. It fits you perfectly! I also hope they bring back the Americana. I really prefer these full skirted modest top 50's style dresses myself :) <3

    ReplyDelete