Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Beautiful Dogwood

Hello there! Well, I finally got my wish: I have my very first snow day tomorrow! I haven't had a snow day since college, ha. We're predicted to get 6-10 inches of snow...and today it was 60 degrees!! But, that's New Jersey for ya! Oh gosh, it was such a nice day today. It was quite foggy in the early morning, but it soon broke, and was sunny the rest of the day. On my lunch break I drove and parked with my windows partially down. What a welcome respite from the cold and dreary days, but of course it's so fleeting! Spring is a month and twelve days away, and it needs to hurry on up. 
Tomorrow will be our first real snowfall all winter. We've had an inch or less here and there, but that's been it. It's funny, because now that I work in a school, I HOPE for a snow day, and Bob hates snow days ha, because he has to work extra long and hard. Plowing is very physically tiring. So, I hope for them, and he dreads them, unfortunately. 
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Trashy Diva dogwood print Day dress. The lighting was bad, but I had to get pictures right away! My order got held up by USPS, and ended up arriving on Monday, when it was supposed to come last Friday. It was hard to wait.
I had ordered the L'amour in this print too, and was hoping I would only love one of them on me, so I could send back the other one. Well, luckily I did just love the Day dress. At first, I wasn't entirely sure about which one to keep, but the longer I had the Day dress on, the more I started to feel I liked it better than the L'amour. The Day dress skirt isn't a full skirt, which is unusual for me, but I do still love the style, and I have one other Day dress. 
Bob actually liked the L'amour better on me, but it's my money ha, so it's up to me! The turquoise color is sooo dreamy, and that dogwood print is gorgeous. I love a good floral print. 
I sized up one size from my normal TD size, in order to accomodate my chest. My other Day dress is also a size up, and fits my chest well, so I was hoping the same thing would happen with the dogwood Day dress, and it did. It fits my chest well, and isn't huge in the waist (just a little roomy), which is great! 
I lreally ove the details of the dress: the buttons and the big collar, and I couldn't resist wearing it to work today, since it felt so much like spring outside!




Dress: Trashy Diva
Bangle: Etsy (BrighterBakelite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Love this dress on you. I think you made the right choice to keep this one. Also, it's work appropriate up top so will be so easy to throw on a go! <3 I love the new Dogwood collection. I was really eyeing the Day dress in this print too but told myself I was only going to get one <3

    ReplyDelete