Saturday, February 4, 2017

Darlin' Darlene

Hello there! Happy Saturday! I don't have much going on this weekend, but Bob and I are going out to eat for an early dinner tonight, at Friendly's. We haven't been to Friendly's in a quite awhile, probably close to a year. There's one right around the corner from us. 
We're going tonight for an early Valentine's Day dinner. We don't like going out to eat when it's crazy busy, so the last few years we haven't gotten out to eat on an actual Valentine's Day weekend.
Neither of us are watching the Super Bowl tomorrow; we have no interest. Bob does like watching some football, but he can't stand the Patriots, and I can't stand football, period. So, I'm very glad he didn't ask me to go to a Super Bowl party this year.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my newest Bernie Dexter dress. This one is a brand new style she released, and it's called the Darlene. It's very similar to the Kelly dress, which is my favorite style of hers. I also really love this Darlene. I think the best parts of the dress are the Peter Pan collar and the waist area. I even think this one is more flattering on me than my Kellys. The dress originally came with a black tie around the neck, but I used a seam ripper immediately to take it off, as I wasn't crazy about it. I also like to wear it with the zipper not all the way up. I got the same size in this one as most of my Kellys are, and it does fit a little bit smaller, but that's good for me, because the waist on my Kellys are loose on me, and this one is a better fit, although I do still have some room in the waist on this. The bust is also tighter in this one, but not uncomfortably so. So, if you're in between sizes, I'd go with your larger size in this one, especially if you have a large bust.
Believe it or not, I have almost no dresses with a pink background on them! Pink is one of my favorite colors, so I had to snap this one up. Also, I can't resist a good kitty print, and I have this same print but with a red background in a Kelly dress. 








Dress: Bernie Dexter
Brooch: Etsy (Sodasweethearts)
Bracelet: Etsy (Scrumptiousdoodle)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute dress on you, love the kitty print and the pink background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this looks SO GOOD on you. It's super cute. I hope she releases more prints in this one for the spring/summer - I am imagining that green print with the tiny white daisies that only came out in the Paris cut. Oooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kitties on this and love how you've really made it your own with the slight alterations you made :)

    ReplyDelete