Thursday, October 6, 2016

Sugar Doll

Hello there! Tonight I met up with three friends from a former job, and it was great to catch up; I hadn't seen one of them since I quit the job seven months ago. I don't have much going on yet for this upcoming weekend, but I'm quite excited for its arrival. It's definitely cooled down now here, so much so that some mornings this week I wore a coat. But, by the time lunch break rolls around, it's been very comfortable out, warm; but not hot.
I'm almost done re-reading "Water For Elephants". If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it! Reading it again just made me remember how wonderful it is. The movie wasn't nearly as good as the book, which is unfortunately usually the case. The book is so well written and interesting, and I love the fact that so much of it is based on actual circus events, and mixed with circus folklore.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Bernie Dexter Sugar Doll dress that I recently scored from a Bernie Facebook group. It's been a unicorn of mine for years! I had it in the light blue verison awhile back, but ended up selling it because it was big on me (it was a size larger than this one), and I wanted the yellow verison more. It's hard to find cute dresses with a yellow background, and I always love a good cherry print. This dress is very tight on my bust, but at least it does fit! I felt like I had to pair my Erstwilder cherry pie brooch with this dress. 
I couldn't ignore that perfect pairing.







Dress: Bernie Dexter Facebook Swap & Sell Group
Necklace: Modcloth
Brooch: DNJ Retro (Erstwilder)
Bracelets: Splendette
Earrings: Etsy (IncredInedible)
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!
 

1 comment:

  1. This blog post started out like a page in my life with the weekend and the weather! It's exactly the same here too! Congratulations on finding this dress. The yellow is just perfect for you and I love the pie brooch with this... so perfect with the cherries and gingham bows! <3

    ReplyDelete