Saturday, October 8, 2016

Timeless Gingham

Hello there, and happy Saturday! Bob and I aren't doing much this weekend, but we're glad about that, because we had such a whirlwind trip over part of last week/weekend. I'm cleaning, doing laundry, and working out today; all the fun stuff, ha!
In the pictures below I'm wearing my newest Bernie dress, in a brand new Bernie style called the Nicole. It seems to be the same as her Kelly zip front shirt dress, but just with long sleeves instead of short sleeves. As with most of my Bernies, I sized up a size for my bust, so the bust fits well, but the waist is big on me. Just having longer sleeves definitely made me feel warmer, so I'm glad to have this as a cooler weather option, as most of my dresses are sleeveless or short sleeves. I can't resit the perfect trifecta of a shirt dress, gingham, & red! 
I don't own cowboy boots, but I think they'd be a really cute pairing with this dress. I can see that as a great outfit to rock at the Nashville Boogie, which Bob and I are going to by the way(!!!), in May. This is my only complete red and white gingham dress; I used to have another Bernie one, but sold it, and I do own two Trashy Diva dresses that have some red and white gingham in them, but not all over. Gingham has to be one of my very favorite prints. I think it's so timeless and adorable. I think my Erstwilder cherry pie brooch pairs so well with red gingham, and I tend to always reach for it when I'm wearing any of my dresses with red gingham.








Dress: Bernie Dexter
Brooch: DNJ Retro (Erstwilder)
Bangles: Splendette


~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Wow you look amazing in red gingham! Such a classic dress from Bernie, yes totally I can see cowboy boots with this dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes girl YESSSS! This would be AMAZING at Nashville Boogie - which I am so excited to go and hang out with you! I hope we meet up with some other ladies we know as well. I am tempted to get the green gingham when it comes out but I also don't want to leap too quick in case she's got other prints planned (I've got this feeling the lipstick print may come back around for this style...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gingham! This red and white gingham dress looks so cute on you and I love it paired with the Erstwilder pie brooch! So perfect for fall! <3 And I totally agree that this dress would be so cute with some cowboy boots and so perfect for the Nashville Boogie! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete