Sunday, May 22, 2016

New Hope

Hello there! Well, in spite of how gloomy out it was yesterday, we decided to change it and go to New Hope. It ended up drizzling towards the end of our trip, but we only had to walk in it for a little bit. It was a little cool out too, but I resisted putting on my light jacket; didn't want to hide my fabulous outfit, ha! We had a good time, as we always do there. It's a really beautiful, artsy, funky, small business oriented town. The drive in is really scenic too, there are a few towns on the way over that are similar to New Hope (but don't have as much to do there). We go there about four times a year. 
This time I actually bought clothing, which I've never done there before. There's a store called Thirteen Vintage on the main street. Last time I went in there, one of the shop owners recognized me from Instagram, and that was the first time that had ever happened to me in this area. The owners are super nice, and I got to talk to them for quite awhile about vintage repoduction. They give me a discount too, which is so sweet! I bought a L indy Bop dress and Sourpuss cropped cardi. It's so great to be able to try on these brands in person, instead of just ordering online. I'll get to do that again (at Enz's) in early June, when Bob and I go to NYC for the day. Enz's carries brands like Bernie Dexter, Trashy Diva and Retrospec'd, so I'm very excited to go again! 
I wore my new to me Trashy Diva red waterlilies day dress, that I posted a blog about on Friday. I tried to style my hair "40's", since the dress is definitely 40's inspired. My hair didn't turn out exactly right, but that's okay. 





My finds!








Dresses: Trashy Diva & Thirteen Vintage (Lindy Bop)
Cardi:
Thirteen Vintage (Sourpuss)

Heels: BAIT Footwear & Pin Up Girl Clothing (Chelsea Crew)
Purse: Miss Tiki Designs

~Bye bye for now!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome photos love that bag and cute sourpuss "cherry" cardigan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your hair looks spot on!! It works perfectly with this style of dress!! How fun to be able to shop in person - you know I know how it is! I have so much fun when I get to shop at Tatyana. Enz's is fun too, though smaller than I imagined!! I can't wait to hear how NYC is for you and Bob! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous. I saw the pink and red with polka dots outfit on your Instagram and immediately thought it was my favourite outfit of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfit! I love the pink cardi with the red and white polka dot dress! So fun and so cute! Love all these things you picked up! Glad you got to go to New Hope and had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome that you got recognized by one of the shop owners. It's always a little surreal, isn't it, when that happens?

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Super lovely ensemble!

    ReplyDelete