Saturday, February 13, 2016

Suffering For My Art

Hello there! The weekend has come around once again, and it's a freezing cold one. Evidently, there will be -25 windchills. Can't. wait. I still haven't cracked once this winter; I have remained steadfast in my skirt and dress wearing, with not a hint of stockings, tights or leggings (I hate how stockings and tights feel, ugh)! It's only for the strong, ha. I suffer for my art. I will be going out today in this weather, I'm meeting my friend for lunch, and Bob and I are having dinner at his parent's house. I also need to go to Target.
In the pictures below I'm wearing a dress that was originally sold on Modcloth. I didn't get it then, but ended up buying it for a much better price, from someone who was selling it used, through Instagram. I really love the print, and the fact that it's a shirt dress. I adore shirt dresses in general, and have a few, but they can be tricky for me, as I usually need to size up so I can be able to button it over my bust. This one is hard to button (I didn't size up) over my bust, but luckily it doesn't gape. This dress was from their Bea & Dot line, and I have quite a few items from that line. They picked the best fabrics for that line!! So many colorful, eye catching prints!
 








Dress: Instagram purchase (originally from Modcloth)
Earrings: Etsy (Scrumptiousdoodle)
Brooch: Deer Arrow

Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. This dress is wonderful! I can't believe you've made it till February without wearing tights, stockings, or leggings -- that's pretty impressive! How do you feel about over-the-knee socks? I wear them a lot, though usually over tights, since it's always so cold in Chicago and I don't have a car.

    Hope you have a great day!

    <3
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I opt to go tight-less (like last night to Valentine's dinner bc tights and heels and a wiggle dress? No), I think to myself "COME ON! BRISTOL DOES THIS EVERYDAY! YOU CAN DO THIS!" haha I'm with you, I'd much rather skip the tights. I try to only wear them once a week if I can. In reality, if you're only walking to and from buildings and such, just suck it up hahaha

    ReplyDelete