Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Blue & Purple

Hello there! I don't have too much going on this week. Tonight Bob and I went to my uncle's house, and my parents were there, too. I'm almost done re-reading "Brain On Fire", by Susannah Cahalan. I first read it about a year ago. I highly recommend it. It's a true story. It's a youg woman's  (who is a journalist at the New York Post) account of a mysterious disease that she contracted. It was almost impossible for doctors to diagnose, and caused such insanity to wreak havoc on her mind and body. She had bizarre effects, and almost ended up in an insane asylum, because doctors originally thought it was a type of psychosis. A brilliant doctor got put on her case, and he ended up correctly diagnosing her, and then getting her the right treatments. I won't say more, but you should read it! It's scary, because this could happen to anyone. But, she put such a spotlight on it, that the disease is much more recognizable and correctly diagnosed now.
This Saturday I'll be meeting my friend for lunch & then going to Bob's parent's house for dinner. We haven't had dinner at his parent's in a very long time. I did see his parents for a little while last Sunday, when we went over there for Bob to work on my car.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Trashy Diva turquiose plaid Annette dress. I have four TD Annette dresses, and they are my favorite TD style. Purple & blue isn't my normal colour combination that I gravitate towards, but I really like this outfit. 
 









Dress: Facebook Group (Trashy Diva)
Cardigan: Target

Necklace, Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite & Sodasweethearts)
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. This outfit is wonderful! I just spent about half an hour on the Miss Candyfloss site looking at their purple and blue dress because of your IG post. Something about this print and color combo just makes this dress utterly perfect, even though I'm with you -- it's not my normal color combo. The diner brooch goes really well with it, too!

    That book sounds so fascinating; it's like a real-life episode of House!

    <3!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit so much! The colors are so great together! I also read that book - it scared me! It was so sad and kind of a tough read but I liked it! What a scary thing to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in this dress with the purple and blue's! That diner brooch is so cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress! This one is currently my most wished for dress on my wishlist! Looks absolutely gorgeous on you! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete