Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Kitchen Dress

Hello there! The past couple of days have been pretty dreary here. Gray skies, raining off and on, but it's better than snow! And today was 60 degrees. Yesterday it was a lot worse, about 35, so it felt really miserable out. 3.5 weeks until spring, and 1.5 months until Las Vegas! We're getting there...slowly, but surely. Ugh, I can't wait until the weekend is here once again. Bob and I may head to New Hope on Sunday for lunch and a little shopping, as it's supposed to be nice out, and warmish.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my brand new Bernie Dexter dress! It arrived today. She just started making this style shirt dress. I'm a sucker for a shirt dress as it is, but give me an adorable novelty print like this on top of it, and I'm beyond sold! It is such a great representation of a 1950's kitchen! Yet another Bernie in my collection, and the print is near the top of the list as far as my favorite Bernie novelty prints. I went with my usual Bernie size in this dress, and it is hard to zip (it zips in the front) over my chest. I'm glad it does zip though, because I hate having to size up, because then the waist is huge. 
Next time I go antiquing in Adamstown with Bob I'm definitely wearing this! I know the antique kitchen dealers will really appreciate it. Last time I went there I wore my Bernie ice cream dress, and I got tons of compliments on it. 
I paired one of my new Erstwilder brooches with the dress; my cherry pie one. I figured a pie brooch goes perfectly with a kitchen print! I wore my Modcloth pie dress today, and obviously wore this brooch with it. 

 







Dress: Bernie Dexter
Brooch: DNJ Retro
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am 100% obsessed with this dress. I *might've* broken my shopping ban earlier and ordered it… It looks so amazing on you! I love how food-themed your first pic is, between the cupcakes on the wall, the pie brooch, and the dress.

    It looks like there's more yellow in the print than I realized, which is a nice surprise -- on her website, it looked more like cream. I hope my regular Bernie size fits, and I'm so glad you love yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you won me over on Insta with this dress but now I am so super excited that I jumped and splurged on it today!! I am so pumped to get it! It's so cute on you - so so cute - and those shoes are PERFECT with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this dress. It's such a great print and looks so cute on you! It's great that it zips up up the front too! No button gapping! I really have problems with BD sizing. I know exactly what you mean about the the waist being huge sizing up! That is such a great idea though about wearing this dress when you go antiquing at the antique kitchen dealers! Too perfect! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL pics and dress! WE LOVE IT. Actually found you looking for something hair related. We run a salon in Virginia Beach, I guess you maybe talked about the beach somewhere on your other pages...but anyway, If you are EVER interested in getting any hair work done, color, or anything at all when you are in the Virginia Beach area, we would LOVE to have you and we let people book their hair appointment online! shearblissvb.com if you want to check us out : ) WE LOVE THIS RETRO LOOK THOUGH, you pull it off REALLY REALLY WELL! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the print on this Bernie dress and the colours as well! The pie brooch from Erstwilder is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute dress! Bernie does have the cutest styles with the best prints to match! And your pie brooch is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete