Sunday, December 21, 2014

Another Harlequin

Hello there! I had a lot of fun last night at my family party at my parent's house. They haven't had that many people over their house in quite awhile. We were celebrating my grandparent's (my mom's parents) 55th wedding anniversary. A lot of people commented on my Bernie Dexter dress I was wearing. It's my Christmas-y one. I'm wearing it on Christmas too, of course. Also probably on Christmas Eve, ha. It's seriously the best Christmas dress ever. My uncle said that I looked "straight out of the 50's". And I said "good, that's the look I'm going for!" 
I love how my mom decorates for Christmas. She has so many antique pieces. Her and my dad are huge collectors of antiques, they always have been. My dad has multiple classic cars, and he loves going to car shows and showing them off. He meticulously restores them. He has won many trophies. He also used to have an enormous collection (hundreds) of antique advertising signs and thermometers. He sold almost his whole collection a few years back, but he still has some. My mom focuses mostly on collecting Halloween and Christmas decorations. I posted pictures below of some of my mom's Christmas decoratins. I especially love the Christmas banner on the wall.
The harlequin print dress I'm wearing below I got from Heart of Haute during their Black Friday sale. I am seriously obsessed with harlequin prints! I got my first harlequin a year ago for Christmas. It is just the perfect print. I now have four harlequin print dresses, one skirt, and one more skirt on the way.










My sister and me


My 13 year old Texas cousin and me















Dresses: Harlequin one- Heart of Haute & Plaid one- Bernie Dexter
Necklaces: Sweets one- Etsy & Cherries one- Shop in New Orleans
Earrings, Ice Cream Brooch: Etsy
Christmas Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Shoes: Ice cream ones- Shoe Bakery & Spectators- Modcloth (B.A.I.T. Footwear)

~Bye bye for now!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment