Saturday, December 6, 2014

Viva Las Vegas

Hello there! My big/exciting news for the week is that last night Bob and I booked our Las Vegas trip! I can't wait! But, it's just under four months away. So hard to wait for it. We got a great deal on our trip! It was cheaper to go for six nights, instead of the five nights we were originally planning to do, so we of course booked it for six nights. We will be going to Viva Las Vegas for the first time! I'm very curious to see what it's like. It runs April 2-April 5. We will be getting to Vegas April 1.For those who don't know, Viva Las Vegas is the world's biggest 50's/Rockabilly festival. There are car shows, lots of vendors selling clothes, accessories, etc., tiki pool parties, music, etc. 
Vegas is our favourite vacation spot. Well, it was for years. But, since going to New Orleans on our honeymoon, I think New Orleans may be my favourite, followed very closely by Vegas. They are both magical places, where I feel like I'm in a whole other world. It sounds corny, but I feel more "alive" when I'm at both of those places. I've always loved cities; I thrive on the energy and excitement of them.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my newest Bernie Dexter dress. Bernie Dexter is one of my favourite brands! I don't like to pay for her dresses and skirts full price, because they are on the pricey side. Dresses usually are around $156 and skirts $82. So, I'm also scouring eBay for them, and the sale section of her website. I snagged this gorgeous tomato print dress during her Black Friday sale! It was 40% off. I had been eyeing it for close to a year, and didn't want to pay the full price. Originally Bob was going to give it to me for Christmas, but once I put it on, I wanted to wear it right away, ha. So, he's going to give me a Bernie Dexter skirt for Christmas. Tomatos are my absolute fav fruit/vegetable...not sure which it is, ha. Bob puts them in a lot of the dishes he makes. And New Jersey is the tomato state!










Dress: Bernie Dexter
Cropped Cardigan, Necklace, Heels: Modcloth
Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I have this one too, but haven't worn it yet! It's such a fun print.

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bernie Dexter and her dresses. This dress is so cute on you!!! I think it's so fun that it can be dressed up to be a non conventional Christmas dress (because of the colors) but then can be worn year round because of the fun novelty print! :D And that's great that you found this dress seeing that tomatoes are your favorite fruit/veggie. Also, score that you will get another Bernie Dexter skirt for Christmas! I'm so excited for you that you will be attending Viva this year!!!! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about it. I've been wanting to go for a couple years now but never have the foresight to actually plan for it! I wonder... what is it like trying to get tickets for the event. Do tickets sell out quickly?? I'd love to go to Viva this year... but I desperately am trying to plan on going to New Orleans for Halloween next and that is going to take some planning and *gasp* breaks from shopping on my part to finally pull it off! Yay for Viva!!

    ReplyDelete