Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Parrots!

Hello there! Six more days of work to get through, and then a full week off. Tomorrow night my parents, Bob and I are going over my great uncle's for his birthday & my dad's birthday. We're having pizza and my mom's triple layer chocolate cake with chocolate icing. She makes it for many birthdays (including mine).
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Trashy Diva Sweetie dress. I looked for this dress for months, and finally found it on a Trash Diva group on Facebook, in my size. It shipped all the way from Australia. While I love the dress, and love how it looks on me, there is a problem. Even though luckily it buttons up fine over my chest with no gaping, the zipper on the side will not go all the way up. Bob and I tried it multiple times. It's very frustrating! There is enough fabric there (barely), but it just will not zip all the way. This cropped cardigan hides it, luckily. I'm hoping my mom can replace the zipper for me! 
I had tried to sell the dress on eBay a couple of times, but it didn't sell, so I decided for now to take it off eBay, and hope that my mom can replace the zipper. And if she can't, I may still keep it and just wear it with cropped cardigans. I just love it so much, that I really don't want to give it up. 
I love how this tropical bird dress pairs so well with my tropical looking pineapple brooch! This brooch is definitely one of my absolute favs. It's so perfect for me, since it's so colourful and bright.








Dress: Facebook Group (Trashy Diva)
Cropped Cardigan: eBay (Old Navy)
Earrings, Brooch: Etsy
Heels: B.A.I.T Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. I experienced such zipper pain this morning and thought of you! The first dress just plain didnt fit me (ugh) but I struggled with the next two as well! The second two fit me fine, it's just a case of not being able to behind over backward and zip these cheap quality zippers used on these lovely dresses! I had to wake Cody up to zip me up. I'd say let's replace all these zippers but that would get pricey!

    Come on clothing industry, stop being stingy on the zippers you use!!!!!

    SaraLily
    In a Nutshell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will be able to find a way to fix the zipper. I hear rubbing wax on the teeth of the zipper will help (though I haven't tried this myself) Maybe chapstick or a little vaseline would help? This is an awesome dress! One I wish I had myself! I'd buy it from you in a heartbeat but I'm sure you're a smaller size than me and also I'm in a buying freeze at the moment. Good luck with that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so cute! I hope you can get the zipper fixed so you can keep it!!! I love the primary colors combination of your outfit :).

    xo, Serli
    www.lesoleilchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete