Saturday, February 15, 2014

Snow Fatigue

Hello there! It seems we are in a never ending vortex of snow. We got hit with a MAJOR snowstorm Wednesday night nto early Friday. I think we got about 14". Then today we got a couple more. It is seriously disgusting me. It makes everything so much more difficult, especially for Bob! He's been doing so much plowing that he's barely home. And when he is home, he's just getting things done that he hasn't been able to. He just left a few minutes ago to go plow/salt more! He was only home about two hours today. So, he's only getting Sunday as a weekend for himself. 
Trying to get out of my apartment complex yesterday morning to get to work was VERY tough. Luckily, I had thought to ask Bob if he had a shovel before he left. The snow was piled so high on either side of my car that I could barely get inbetween it and the car to get in my car, and to shovel snow out from under my tires. I kept sliding trying to get in there. On top of that, the snow was so heavy and ice-like. I tried to back my car out about four times, but could barely move it at all before it would get stuck. A neighbor happened to be outside and asked to borrow my shovel for his car. I gave it to him, and told him I couldn't get out of my spot. He pushed the front of my car, as I put it in reverse, and luckily that did the trick. If he hadn't been there, I don't think I could have gotten out. 
Another issue is, since the snow is piled so high everywhere, it's extremly dangerous to make turns at stop signs; the snow is blocking your vision!! Ugh!! Someone make it stop.
Today a make up artist came over and did a make up trial for me. She was really nice, and talked almost the whole time, which I liked, because I don't like when I get my hair done and the stylist is silent. (I had never gotten my make up done until today.) I really like how it turned out! She put false eyelashes on me, I had never tried them before. They look so great! I told her I didn't want to look too overdone, and I think she did the right amount of make up. When she first did my red lipstick, I thought it was too dark, and not bright enough. So, she re-did it, and I love how it turned out. It's a nice cherry red. I already made up my mind to have her do my make up on the wedding day. 
Bob gave me flowers yesterday, and one of them in the bouquet was a rainbow rose!! I had never gotten one before, and he knows how much I love them. It's so gorgeous, and just perfect for me.  
In the pictures below, I'm wearing the Pin Up Girl Clothing dress Bob gave me for Christmas. I love it sooo much. I think the print is amazing, the colours are great, and I love the shape of the dress. I think my Luxulite brooch and necklace pair so well with it, too.

 















Dress, purse: Pin Up Girl Clothing
Belt: Kohl's
Necklace, brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Bracelet: Target
Earings: Etsy
Heels: B.A.I.T. Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment