Thursday, February 20, 2014

Liebster Blog Award! Thank You Ashley!

I'm so honored that Ashley of  the Not Your Average Ashley blog nominated me for this liebster blog award. I really enjoyed reading Ashley's responses, it's fun to get to know bloggers a little more.
Here are my responses to her questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted and needed an outlet to express my creativity. I have an English degree, and I love to write, but I have not been able to use my degree because of our crappy economy. At the job I'm at currently, I don't have any way to use my creativity. 
So, blogging is the perfect outlet for me, because I love and always have loved fashion and colour. So, I get to combine my love of fashion and writing!

2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I love wearing bright colours/rainbows! Everyone who knows me, or even sees me regularly knows that. I get comments all the time from friends, family, and strangers about the bright colours I wear.

3. What's the best place you've ever visited?
My favourite place is Las Vegas. I've been with my fiance Bob four times, and also went once with a friend. I dream about it a lot, I'm always wanting to go back! It's just so much fun. There's so much to do and see. I love the feeling of it, almost everyone there is on vacation, and in great spirits, it's an awesome atmosphere to be in.
I am quite the traveler. I've been to thirty-five states and three countries so far. I'm very lucky; my parents took my sister and I on a trip every summer to different areas of the country. Once we went to Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona. Another year we flew to California, and drove up California to Oregon, Washington, and then went to British Columbia!

4. Do you have any hidden talents? If yes, what are they?
Not really...the only thing I can think of is that I'm good with quickly doing percentages and multiplying, dividing, etc in my head. I can do it faster than my fiance, and he has a math degree! I can also read and type really fast.

5. What's your favorite thing about yourself?
Personality wise- my compassion/empathy that I have for people and animals.
Asthetically- I just really love my style! It's really evolved over the years, and I love the place I'm at now!
 
6. What's a hobby/activity you would like to learn but haven't tried yet?
Sewing! My mom and one of my grandmothers are great at it, and I should've learned a long time ago.
 
7. Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they?
I don't at my apartment....but, my parents have two cats and a dog! I love going home to visit them. I do consider the one cat to be mine though, I pay the most attention to her, and always have since they got her. She's such a beauty! She's a Maine Coon cat. That is by far my favourite cat breed. Cats are my favourite animals, too!
 
8. What's your favorite piece of clothing?
It's so hard to narrow it down!! I think I have three favourite pieces, and they're all dresses. I love dresses so much. There's nothing more flattering on me than a dress that fits perfectly. 
Here are pictures:





9. Read the book or watch the movie? Explain your choice!
That's a really hard one to answer! I am an avid reader...and I also love watching movies. Almost always the book is better than the movie. I can't really choose. I like to read the book, and then watch the movie.
 
10. What's your favorite type of music and why?
My favourite type is rock..from the 50's-70's. I like some newer music too, but not much. I just love how music was back then, not nearly as processed as it is today, and with people who could really sing!
 
11. When was the last time you had a day that was "The Best Day Ever?" What did you do?
When I got engaged! My fiance Bob proposed just after midnight on August 2, 2013, while we were on vacation in Virginia Beach! We were walking along the ocean, and he got down on one knee. We're getting married June 21st.

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading through your answers! Your fave dresses are so cute, and you've inspired me to finally work those adorable fruit flats into my wardrobe somehow!

    ReplyDelete