Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snack Attack!

Hello there! Well, it seems the snow has finally stopped. Yesterday Bob and I did make it over to my great uncle's house (for his 80th birthday), took my car to the dealership because of a recall, and also went back there to pick my car up- it was only there an hour and a half. The main roads were all fine when we were on them, but one of the side roads that we take to get back to our apartment hadn't been touched yet. I started sliding when I made the turn onto it. And of course there was a car sitting there at the stop sign. Thank god I was able to right my car before hitting them. This is just one of the many reasons that I HATE snow! 
Bob woke up at 4:30 to go out and plow, and of course it woke me up when he got up. I fell back asleep a little bit later. But, then I woke up for good at 7:15. I don't feel tired though, probbly because I fell asleep earlier than I wanted to last night. I was watching a movie, and just fell asleep on the couch. I feel bad for him that a good part of his day will be spent plowing, he won't be back until probably late afternoon.
I'm going to read, work out, and my friend is probably coming over for a little bit in the afternoon. I might run to Marshall's, too. It's just a couple minutes from where I live. But, I haven't found anything decent there in a long time. 
I'm getting really excited for Christmas! My mom has always been VERY into Christmas- everything about it, the shopping for gifts, decorating, baking, cooking, etc. She's been collecting antique Santa Clauses for years, and other antique decorations. She has probably around two hundred Santas. She also bakes more cookies than anyone I've known, ha. It's going to be hard to get through next week at work, but I have to just keep telling myself it's only one more full week before Christmas/time off!
In the pictures below I'm wearing a Modcloth dress. The print on it is just so great! So bright, funky, and cheery. It makes me happy just wearing it. I didn't wear that dress out yesterday though, I would've been freezing! I've worn this dress on my blog a couple other times, but never with this yellow cropped cardigan. I really like the pairing of the bright yellow sweater, and thick red belt. And I think it's cute to pair the dress with the fruit flats- it's kind of funny, a dress with all junk food, and then the "healthy" shoes. 













Dress, necklace: Modcloth
Cropped cardigan: eBay (Old Navy)
Belt: Kohl's
Earrings, ring: Etsy
Flats: eBay (Urban Outfitters)

~Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. That dress is adorable and I love all your cute accessories! I can't even imagine what it would be like to live with snow, it sounds really annoying!

    ReplyDelete