Sunday, December 22, 2013

Gingerbread Houses

Hello there! Today I think I'm just staying in. My mom and sister are seeing a movie at night, but I don't think I'm going to meet them for that. My sister is stopping by in the afternoon though for a couple of hours. I'm going to work out, and start writing out envelopes for the wedding invitations, but don't really have other plans. Getting up to go to work tomorrow will at least not be so bad, since I know that I will have the next two days off!
Bob and I had a good time last night at my parent's house. Only two of their friends came over. Usually they have eight friends there. (Four couples.) I took some pictures of some of my mom's Christmas decorations. She has SO many! She has so many that she can't even put all of them out. I really love her decorations, especially because most of them are retro! My parents collect antiques, and they used to have a lot more. A few years ago my dad sold almost his whole sign/thermometer collection. I never used to appreciate their collection growing up, but now I really do! They used to drag my sister and I to antique stores, antique markets, etc. when we were young, and I hated going. I was always so bored. But, now I love the fact that they collected all these amazing items over many years, and amassed quite a collection of antique toys, holiday decorations, advertising signs/thermometers, etc. 
Last night I wore my gingerbread house dress that my mom made me a couple of months ago. (I picked out the fabric for it.) I get so many compliments on this dress! And when I tell people she made it for me, people usually react in a shocked manner. I know I'm very lucky that she's a great seamstress, and enjoys making dresses for me. Bonus: my new B.A.I.T. heels match perfectly with the dress!





















Dress: Handmade by my mom
Cropped cardigan: Kohl's
Belt: From another dress
Necklace: Francesca's Collections
Earrings: Etsy
Heels: B.A.I.T. Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment