Sunday, November 20, 2016

Antiquing Success

Hello there! Well, yesterday I really lucked out antiquing! I went antiquing by myself, and I actually do enjoy shopping by myself, so I can really concentrate on what I'm looking at and making up my mind. The shops are on each side of Main Street in the town, so I parked at one, and asked them if there was a particular parking lot somewhere that I could park, and jus walk around town. The woman was nice enough to let me park in the back of her shop and leave my car there. I went in a few shops, until I got to the one I went there specifically for. The booth I was looking for was all the way in the back of the store, and it was pretty small, BUT, had a lot I wanted! 
I posted pictures below of my haul, and everything in the pictures, except for the two Pyrex mixing bowls and the Christmas tree topper. Most of the items in this shop were 20% off, which was great. I asked the woman who rang me up about it, and she said that it's a year round thing; having 20% off most items. I was most excited to get that light up ceramic Christmas tree! I had been wanting one for a longgg time, but never went for it. This is definitely my favorite one I've ever seen. I like the white ones more; the colors really pop on them! Those are the first vintage ornaments I've bought, and are my favorite kind; they're called indented ornaments. The gum drop garlands will pair so perfectly with my sweets themed Christmas ornaments!
When I got home from shopping, my reindeer The Oblong Box Shop skirt was waiting for me! I had been dying for this skirt, a soon as the shop released a preview of it a few weeks ago. I can not wait to wear it! I think I'll start wearing it right after Thanksgiving. The colors in are amazing, and the trees look like bottle brush trees, ad I am a huge fan of bottle brush trees! TOBS is coming out with another Christmas skirt, launching December 1, which I also really want, plus it's especially perfect for me now, because on the bottom of the skirt are light up ceramic trees, ha. I posted a pic below of the skirt.













Top: Pinup Girl Clothing
Skirt: The Oblong Box Shop
Bangles: Pinup Girl Clothing (Splendette)
Brooch: Erstwilder

Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love your haul!!!!! Congrats on all your vintage finds. I've been wanting a ceramic tree like that ever since I passed a reproduction one I saw in Hallmark a few years back. Also, I think you are totally right about your new ornaments and tree decorations going well with your candy theme :)

    Love love love your new skirts! So perfect on you. The first one is just so pretty and I can't believe the second one lights up. Amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete