Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Whirlwind

Hello there! I got back last night from a very quick trip to California with my mom to visit family (we got in late Wednesday night, and leave super early yesterday). The weather was really warm during the day, even warmer than predicted, and then got cool at night. I got some super cute items out there! I didn't get any clothes or shoes, but I did pick up one Bakelite bracelet. It was my first time purchasing Bakelite in person. I found it an antique mall, and at that mall I also bought a Santa mug (which I'll use as a decoration, and won't actually use it as a mug, ha), a Thanksgiving postcard (from 1908!), and a colorful ornament there. I got everything except the postcard from the same vendor, who happened to me working there at the time, and she was really nice. I got to talk with her a bit about Bakelite and the ornament, and she gave me $20 off the bracelet, which was great. She had a lot of neat ornaments, and I could've gotten more, but restrained myself. I did pick up a few ornaments from a couple of shops in the town. 
We went to an art market where I got a really pretty small floral print and two brooches that look antique (but are new). I got a few other small things at a couple of shops, like a Santa Claus soap dish, dish towel and a potholder. 
I got A LOT of compliments from strangers on my dresses and shoes during the trip. Even on the flight home yesterday, one of the flight attendants REALLY loved my dress (Bernie Dexter kitchen print Kelly). 
Today I just stayed home, I had to after a whirlwind trip! I did some cleaning and laundry, and a lot of relaxing. I'm very much looking forward to my four day weekend the week of Thanksgiving! It'll be nice to stay home and have a long, relaxing weekend. On Thanksgiving itself I'll be going to my parent's house for an early dinner (my sister will be home), and then going to my husband's aunt and uncle's for dessert. 
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Modcloth fruity dress that I get a lot of wear out of, and have posted about before. I love pairing it with these bright bangles!









Dress: Modcloth
Bangles: Brighter Bakelite & Splendette
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Totally jealous of your Bakelite find! I need an orange bangle! Haha! I am starting to collect every color of the rainbow over here but am missing a few, clearly!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a great trip! That dress is so gosh darn cute! And your heels are perfect. I've always wanted to buy a pair from BAIT Footwear but have yet to do so. One day! Love the ornaments you picked up too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great trip! I hope you enjoyed your time in my neck of the woods! :D Love this fruit dress on you and congrats on all the good finds!

    ReplyDelete