Saturday, November 26, 2016

Lipstick Lauren

Hello there! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I had a good time; I went to my parents' house, and then met my husband over at his aunt and uncle's house, and when we got back to our place I decorated our tree. I finished decorating the whole apartment yesterday.
It looks so darn cute and festive in here now! I can't wait until I have a house, and can put all of my decorations out on display all over the house, and by then, I'll have even more decorations. Right now it's hard to fit everything, but I do have just about every decoration out. I'll be doing more antiquing before we get a house though, so I'll definitely have more items by then, ha. I do want to have at least one big hutch to display some antique Christmas items year round, like my mom does.
My mom is in Germany now, and is going to be there & in Austria for 10 days! She flew there Thanksgiving evening. I'm so excited to see all the things she buys there. She said she'll send me some pictures while she's there, too. 
So far I've bought Besame makeup, some cropped cardigans and a brooch from Doll Me Up Darling (by the way they're having a great sale of up to 60% off!), and some earrings and a necklace from Luxulite. I'm going to do some more shopping before the sales are over (including buying a present for my sister), but I'm still making up my mind on everything.
In the pictures below I'm wearing one of the Bernie Dexter dresses I snagged during her early Black Friday sale; everything was/still is 35% off! I had originally bought this dress in a different Bernie style months ago, but the bust was way too tight on me, and I ended up selling it. I love this style so much more, and was excited to get it on super sale. I'm not normally into gold, but I don't mind it in this dress. I have this dress style in another print; it's called the Lauren style. I can wear the smaller of my two Bernie sizes in this style. I have the leaves print Lauren in a size up, but it's pretty big on me, so I sized down one when I ordered this one, and it was the right thing. The Lauren comes with a tie fabric belt attached to the dress, but I don't like the belts, so I removed them with a seam ripper; it's fast and easy. I don't find those belts to be flattering at all. 














Dress: Bernie Dexter
Brooch: Erstwilder
Bangles: 
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your dress is so cute on you. I'm glad you were able to find a different style you liked more. <3 Also, love your Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Christmas! Let's do this! Cody gave in and let me put up our tree. I actually didn't get to it on Friday but did it Saturday morning. I can only hope that one day my décor is as festive as yours!! =D

    ReplyDelete