Sunday, November 6, 2016

Antiquing & Collecting

Hello there! Yesterday was a fun day. I went to a couple of towns in Pennsylvania to go to an antique show, out to eat, and to a couple of shops. I hadn't been to this particular antique show since I was young, and my parents would drag my sister and me there against our will, ha. The theme of the show was toys, but they did have some antique Christmas, Halloween and Easter items as well. Holiday decorations as well as kitchen/barware items from the 50's are my favorite things to collect. My mom has a huge antique tin toy collection, as well as a huge antique holiday collection. I bought my first antique toy yesterday, at the show. 
I bought a tin Easter basket, and it was in great condition, and a great price! I posted a picture below. I really love the colors in it, too. My parents and aunt and uncle said it was a good price, too, and they are experts in this arena, ha. 
I didn't ask the seller if they'd take a lower price, because it seemed like a great price, but I will do it in the future, because after I told my parents about it, they said that you should ALWAYS ask if they'll take less, no matter the item. It feels strange to me to "haggle", but I'll have to get used to that! I did do that when I bought my antique bar cart at an antique mall, and it worked. 
After the toy show, Bob and I went out to lunch nearby, and then went to a mall to checked out the Christmas ornaments at Boscov's (a department store), and I picked up a cupcake ornament there. We then went to a nearby town where I picked up a macaron ornament at a shop. We'll be going to a strictly Christmas antique show the first Saturday in December, about forty minutes from us. I'm excited to go to a strictly Christmas show, and think I'll find a lot there. I haven't been to this show before. 
I can't wait to have a house and get to display my growing collections year round! That's the most exciting part for me of having a house, ha! I want to display them in hutches, tables, on shelves and a mantel. 
My outfit was a huge hit at the antique show! Almost everyone there was quite a big older than us, I'd say mainly in their 40's to 70's. A few of the vendors complimented me, and asked me about my outfit, and thought my dress was actual vintage, and not repro. It's always cool to introduce people to the world of vintage repro, since it seems like hardly anyone in the area I live in dresses that way. 





 

Dress: Bernie Dexter
Brooch: Deer Arrow
Bangles: Splendette

~Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome time! So fun to look around at the antique toys and also some of the Holiday things they had. I love the basket you got. I can see exactly what you mean about the colors. So pretty! I love the dress you wore. So perfect for the event especially with your pyrex brooch! <3

    ReplyDelete