Sunday, November 1, 2015

Tropicana

Hello there! Bob made a really good dinner last night (his family came over). I loved the beef and broccoli dish! There was almost none of it left, ha. I went over to my friend's apartment after his parents left. She's moving in a month, about an hour away. I know I'll still see her a lot; she's my closest friend. Not closest distance wise, haha. It'll be an adjustment though. She's moving to be closer to her job. I also sewed a bit yesterday, and plan on doing more today. I can't wait to wear my skirt! I hope the next time it'll be a little easier. I have another fabric I bought, to make another skirt out of.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Bernie Dexter oranges dress. I like how my hair turned out yesterday! Bob helped me do it. I'm so lucky I have him! He's come in handy, haha. It's the only hair tutorial I've attempted to re-create, and this is about the forth time I've attempted it. We are still have difficulty with the front part of my hair, with trying to give it more height. I want to watch more tutorials soon. I am just not good with replicating what I've seen, I don't retain information well, which is why I wasn't a good test taker in school. Bob on the other hand, is amazing at it!
 In the pictures below I'm wearing the other bracelet I picked up at Adamstown last weekend. It matches a lot of my outfits. I'm much more into necklaces, brooches and earrings, than bracelets. But, I do like this one a lot.










Dress: Bernie Dexter 
Cardigan: Modcloth
Necklace, Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Bracelet: Adamstown

Shoes: Modcloth (B.A.I.T. Footwear)

~Bye bye for now!

5 comments:

  1. your hair looks so perfect, it's so pretty! loving this entire outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite outfits! You look beautiful. I love your hair! I'm terrible at doing vintage hairstyles. My hair is always difficult to brush out and one side is always better than the other. I dream of wearing nothing but pinup styles but this lady has a lot of learning to do. Your hair is naturally curly, so is mine. Do you wet set yours or pin it up mostly dry? I'm always interested in hearing what others do. I find having a courser curly hair makes the brush out part a challenge.

    xoxo,
    Heather
    www.thearbitraryfox.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get better at it, that's for sure! I love that Bob helps - when I decided I could dye my own hair last month, Cody came to the rescue when I realized too late that I couldn't do it on my own. He pulled on a pair of gloves and did the whole thing for me! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the whole outfit combo, your hair looks lovely as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this outfit! So cute! Green goes so well with this dress and I love all your orange accessories. You're new vintage bracelet is super cute too. Great job on your hair! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete