Saturday, August 29, 2015

Saturday Stars

Hello there! Last night I went to Panera with my good friend, and afterwards my mom came over to visit Bob & me, and then Bob & I went to Target. It was busier night than I'm used to, ha! This weekend will be pretty quiet for us, though.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Heart of Haute dress that came in the beginning of the week. I really LOVE the print! I wasn't sure in person what the colors would be like, and how big the stars would be, but both are just perfect. I love how the pink, orange, and yellow stars look against the teal background.This is also my first Heart of Haute dress in this style. I love the shape of the dress, and would definitely but this in different colors. There's none on the website right now that I have to have, but they are coming out with new harlequin prints in a couple months or so, that I really want. There is a cat print that's on pre-order now, and won't ship until November. I do want the red skirt with cats on the bottom of it, but I'm not going to order it now.  
When I was at Wal*Mart Wednesday night, a woman who worked there came up to me, and was raving about my shoes. I was wearing the same pink Iones that I'm wearing in these pictures. It's funny to see the reactions I get from things that I'm wearing. I haven't seen anyone in my area who dresses anything like me, so I definitely "stand out". I am a naturally shy person, so, it's not comfortable for me to be stared at/get attention in public. It's fine if someone compliments me on something I'm wearing, but sometimes people are just weird about it, or just stare, and not say anything, or they'll say something loud enough for me to hear, but say it to the person they're with, and not actually to me.   
 








Dress: Heart of Haute
Necklace: Modcloth
Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: B.A.I.T. Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah people are weird...usually I don't even notice the looks anymore (they're never bad looks but what can we say, our outfits are eye catching) but there was this one time a trio of girls were CLEARLY not into my look and kept looking over their shoulders at me. The entire time, I just smiled at them because they were out in public in yoga pants and tee shirts. So...yeah...I wasn't about to feel below them! hahahah to each his own, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I didn't think people actually wore yoga pants outside of maybe yoga. Even then I'm not sure I could do it. I've had a weird childhood distaste for ever wearing anything sweatpant like out of my house. And Bristol- anyone that is staring and talking about you is clearly just jealous because they could never look half as amazing as you do in all your pretty frocks!
      XO Amanda | Sans Scrubs

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful dress! I really love the print and the colors on you! So cute! I can totally relate. Sometimes I can be really shy and yet its kind of weird, even to me, how us shy people like to dress out of the norm like we do. But it's true! We've got to be who we are though right? Still, people are weird. I'm sorry you get stares or have to over hear when people are talking about you. But I do love it when I run into a kindred spirit, another lady dressed in her sunday best, and we give each other a nod, a smile, or send compliments back and forth to each other :)

    ReplyDelete