Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Dress Fit For A Picnic

Hello there! This week has been going pretty slowly, unfortunately. We are going to New Orleans for part of next week, and I'm so very excited for that!! Time always slows down before vacation, it's just a fact. I've of course been thinking about what clothing/shoes/accessories I'll be packing for quite awhile now, ha. It'll mostly be Trashy Diva clothing. The only Trashy Diva stores are in New Orleans, and I can't wait to shop there.
This Friday I'm meeting my good friend for dinner at Panera, and then my mom is coming over to visit Bob and I. We haven't seen my parents since before they left on their vacation at the beginning of the month.
I had a terrific mail day yesterday. I received my two new red gingham Trashy Diva dresses, as well as a Heart of Haute dress, and ice cream cone earrings. Luckily, all three dresses fit me pretty great. In the pictures below I'm wearing the Lena Picnic dress. I like it the best on me out of the three. I think it's especially flattering on my stomach area, which is always a bonus! I wasn't sure how my chest would fit, since that's usually an issue with any dress, but it fits well up there. There's a little room in the waist, due to the smocking on the side, but it's not huge or anything there. I ordered this dress and the other TD one I received in the larger size of the two I normally order, because I wanted to make sure the chest would fit. I could possibly have sized down in the other dress, but I can't in this one, because the chest fits just right in it.I love the gingham accents and white ribbon and flowers on the bottom. This is probaby one of my favourite TD dresses! When it's cooler out, I can just add a cropped white cardigan. But, right now it's very hot, so this dress is perfect as is for the weather.
I'm also wearing my new ice cream cone earrings in the pictures. They're smaller than I 
thought they'd be, but super cute! I can't get enough of sweets polymer clay jewelry.








Dress: Trashy Diva
Necklace, Earrings: Etsy
Heels: B.A.I.T. Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, this dress is amazing! I'm totally obsessed with gingham right now and this on is gorgeous on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that dress, the colour, the gingham, the style...looks amazing on you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! I love this dress on you so much! Your necklace is amazing too!

    http://welcometoflipsville.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous dress! I love the red on you! I got this dress in the black version but you really make me want to go back fro the red as well! ;) I also love your ice cream cone earrings. I love how they are molded to give the ice cream texture. So cute!

    ReplyDelete