Sunday, March 29, 2015

Handmade Decorations

Hello there! Yesterday I went shopping in Pennsylvania with my mom, about two and a half hours away. We went to a few shops that sell holiday decorations. The first stop is my favourite. It's a small shop run by a husband and wife. They handmake everything they sell, and they do vintage reproduction. They are very talented artists. In the pictures below are the items I got. I also got a small feather tree (not pictured) to hang Easter eggs from. They are a rare breed; I asked my mom if she knows of anyone else who makes items like they do, and she said no. They even sell their products to catalogs. The really great thing is they are very reasonably priced. My mom and I have been going out there twice a year. We'll be going again in September/October. Can't wait to see the new Halloween & Christmas items they have then! And last night Bob and I went to his parent's house to celebrate his dad's 60th birthday. As much as I like relaxing weekends, it's also nice to sometimes do fun day trips.
Today I'll be cleaning, doing laundry, working out, and packing some more. After work tomorrow I'm meeting my grandmother and my mom at Panera. My grandmother is flying back tonight from California; she's been there since the beginning of October.
I really love the shirt I'm wearing in the pictures below. I want it in a bunch of colours, to pair with my skirts. It's cheap too, $22.50, from Le Bomb Shop. I'm hoping to pick some up at Viva Las Vegas!









 


Top: Le Bomb Shop
Skirt: Steady Clothing
Necklace: Etsy (Luxulite)
Brooch: Erstwilder

Heels: Modcloth (B.A.I.T. Footwear)

~Bye bye for now!

5 comments:

  1. So cute. The outfit and the decor! Can I ask you about sizing on those tops? I want to order a few for summer but can't tell if a small would be TOO small or if a medium would be big. We're similar sizes (well, not the bust!) I think - do you mind me asking what size you got and how it fit in the waist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Of course you can ask! :) I wear a large in these tops; I need to for my chest. The waist isn't too big on me, either. So, I'd say to try a medium first. Good luck! They are great tops!

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Thanks for that quick review. I went with the Medium in black and light blue and am excited to see how they fit/look. They were sold out in some colors I wanted like red. Oh well! I also went with the criss-cross top - love the idea of options!

      Delete
  2. I love that skirt and the accessories are amazing. I've had my eye on those heels for quite awhile actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this top with the red skirt! I think I own 7 Le Bomb Shop shirts like this now and am 100% planning on collecting as many as I can haha!

    ReplyDelete