Thursday, April 9, 2015

Vegas, Part 1

Hello there! Well, we are back from our trip to Las Vegas. We got in late Tuesday night, and went back to work today. We had a really fun trip. The weather was pretty great; during the day it was pretty perfect. Around 75/80, and very sunny every day. A couple of days it was also quite windy though, which was scary, because my dresses kept wanting to fly up!! I had to hold them down with both hands, while outside. At night it got cool out, and we were both cold. But, I didn't mind too much, considering the weather we came from here. The first day we got in around 10:45 a.m. We went straight to the hotel, and luckily they let us check in early. We went to Frankie's Tiki Bar the first night. We had never been before, and had also never been off the strip before. We took a taxi there and back. We were there for awhile, and really liked it. It has a low key atmosphere, and good, strong drinks. I don't normally like rum drinks, but I liked every one I got. Our eyes had to adjust to how dark it is inside though! I don't think I've ever been in such a dark bar. So, it wasn't a good place for pictures, unfortunately. I had also never been to a tiki bar before! I'm eager to go to more in the future. 
The next day we headed over to Viva Las Vegas! We got there early, late morning. We didn't realize that not much would be going on yet. There weren't any vendors, and there was hardly anyone at the car show when we got over there. The next two days at Viva were a lot better. It was so strange/cool to see so many girls dressed similarly to me! Where I live, I never see any girls dressed like me. I don't like to stand out, so it felt good to blend in for one! 
Our second day at Viva we went to the indoor vendors. I only found a pair of sunglasses. But, a girl did approach me, who recognized me from Instagram. Her name is Lisa, and she's so nice. Her friend Dara was with her, so I met her too. Bob and I ended up going to Frankie's Tiki Bar again later in the week, and I invited Lisa along. That was a lot of fun. I also met Miss Victory Violet on that day! She has a blog and is on Instagram. (Her real name is Ella.) She's from New Zealand, and was the winner of the Miss New Zealand pin up. She is sooo sweet in person, and even more gorgeous. I was so nervous to talk to her! I had seen her the first day, but was too scared to talk to her. I got up the nerve on the second day, but my heart was pounding the whole time.
The third day at Viva the car show vendors were open, and I got a bunch of great items! I got two dresses, two purses, a belt, two hair pieces, two cropped cardis, and two tank tops. There were also a lot more cars at the car show that day, and a lot more people!! It got pretty crowded there. And we saw Miss Victory Violet win the Miss Viva Las Vegas pin up contest! She really deserved it.
I'm going to do a second blog post soon about the rest of my trip, but for now I'll post pictures below from the beginning part of the trip. Our next trip is in three months! We'll be going to Virginia  Beach in July for a week...so the countdown is on for that! 





























Miss Victory Violet!





Oranges dress, coral dress & harlequin dress: Pin Up Girl Clothing
Red dress & bolero: Trashy Diva

~Bye bye for now!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really great time! Love all the photos both on here and the ones on instagram! I would love to go myself, have to save up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I am heading out there tomorrow morning! So funny how our trips were back to back. I don't blame you for being nervous to meet Victory Violet - i'd be too!! Ah! so crazy! The first thing I thought of when I heard of Viva was how it would be weird to see so many gals dressing like me! Cute that you thought that too! I can't imagine - I stand out where I live too. I swear, I am the only one who dresses like me in my entire town ahahaha oh well! i don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds super fun! I definitely want to go one year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking forward to reading about your trip! The pics are great-especially the one in the coral/orange dress where it looks like you're twirling! I'm glad you had so much fun!!!
    -Lauren Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like and sounds like an amazing trip! I hope you'll be able to make it an annual trip!

    ReplyDelete