Saturday, May 10, 2014

Beach Balls

Hello there! Now that I'm at my new job, time goes so much faster. At my last job, the days went by so achingly slow that I looked at the clock almost every minute. And I dreaded going to work every day. So, in general that made days, weeks go by slowly. Now that I'm at my new job, and the work days go by super fast, time in general is going faster! Which is good, because I'm so excited for my wedding, but more so for my honeymoon! Ha. 1 month, 11 days until the wedding, and 1 month, 13 days until the honeymoon!
And there's a huge difference with how I'm using my brain betweenmy new job, and my last. My brain didn't need to be engaged too much at my last job. At my new job, I really need to focus all the time; I'm learning so much new information, and I am always trying to keep it straight, and get done what needs to be accomplished. 
Another good thing with my job: the other day one of the owners told me she loves my wardrobe, and asked where I find my clothes! I told her I get most of my dresses at Modcloth, and I told her about Etsy, where I find a lot of my accessories. She had never heard of either, and wrote them down! I'm soooo relieved that they like how I dress. I was worried they might not think it work "appropriate", since my style is sort of "quirky" and very colourful!
Last night I went over my friend's apartment, and my other friend came too. My friend whose apartment we were at just got a tiny kitten! She's crazy cute and sweet! I'm jealous ha. Today I'm cleaning the apartment, doing laundry, working out, and going to Kohl's to spend some gift card money I got for the bridal shower!! Hope I find some great things.
Tomorrow I'm going to my parent's for Mother's Day. One of my grandmothers will be there, too. Monday I'm trying on my wedding dress, (I had alterations done to it) and hopefully everything is perfect with it, and I can take it home for good!
In the pictures below I'm wearing a dress my mom made me last summer! I adore the fun, colourful print. The pattern reminds me of beach balls.












Dress: Handmade
Necklace: Francesca's Collections 
Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Earrings: Gift from my mom
Belt: Target
Flats: eBay (Urban Outfitters)

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Being able to wear what you like to work is the BEST! Not to mention, your dresses are all awesome so there's no reason they shouldn't like them! Glad you're liking the new job.
    <3
    Amy
    http://hipsterbrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! And I agree, it is the best!! :)

      Delete