Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Candy Kelly

Hello there! Well, this is the second day in a row I've had off of work, due to the weather. We got about 20" of snow yesterday! Bob was plowing all day and part of the night. He got back home around 10:00 p.m., and he's sleeping in today. I knew we'd have off yesterday, but I wasn't sure about today, since it stopped snowing around 6:00 p.m. last night. But, I'm sure all the roads weren't clear in time for students to get to school. There's a lot of country roads around here that are windy, steep, etc. I'm glad we didn't loose power yesterday; it was quite windy at times. I did a lot of reading, watched two movies ("The Dressmaker" & "The Book Thief"), worked out, etc. I had gone to the library Monday night in preparation. I only took out two movies though, the ones I watched yesterday, so today I may be watching one On Demand from our TV. I've been in PJs since yesterday, ha. No point in getting dressed! 
Four weeks from today, I'll be in Vegas! I have a good idea of what outfits I'm bringing. 
I can't wait to be in the warm, sunny weather. Hopefully when we get back home, it'll be war and sunny here, as well. I'm going during my spring break from school, and I won't have to use any of my vacation days, which is great!
In the pictures below I'm wearing my Bernie Dexter candy print Kelly dress. I got it back in October, and have worn it a lot since then. How could I not; it has two of my favorite things: rainbow colors and a food print! To some, the print may come off as strictly a seasonal Halloween dress, but I think there's enough candy in the print that's not seasonal, that I'm good with wearing it year round. I adore the Splendette bracelets I'm wearing with this dress; the big starburst one in the center may be my very favorite of all my Splendette.
I also included a picture below of most of my recent Splendette delivery (I also received three orange bangles). Aren't those pastel bangles perfection?! I used to be very much a brooch girl, and felt naked without one on. Now, I do still love brooches, but I feel naked without bangles, too! They are both such great ways to elevate an outfit.












Dress: Bernie Dexter
Brooch: A Mighty Pop Co.
Bangles: Pinup Girl Clothing (Splendette) 
Earrings: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow I love this dress on you and how you have styled it, with all those gorgeous accessories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How crazy of a weather change you will have going from these snow days to the warm sunny days at Viva! I hope things will be warm for you when you get back too. Have a great time at Viva this year! :D

    ReplyDelete