Saturday, March 25, 2017

Big Band Bows

Hello there! Last night Bob and I stayed in, and watched TV. I also tried out a new hair tool I received called Roll & Go. I wanted to try it out, mainly to help with victory rolls. It comes with an instruction book, too. The tool definitely does help create victory rolls, but I still need more practice with it. It's not as easy as the instruction book makes it seem, naturally. I want to get my rolls looking nice before we leave for Vegas! 
I'll be cleaning, doing laundry, and working out today, and this afternoon Bob and I are going to his parents' house for dinner, which Bob will be making over there. Once we get home from that, I'll be getting ready to go meet my friend for a drink.
In the pictures below I'm wearing a Trashy Diva dress that I recently received from doing a dress trade with someone in the Trashy Diva Facebook group I'm in. I had never done a dress trade before. This dress had been one I wanted to find for a long time, and now I finally have my paws on it. I've been pretty lucky that I've found my biggest TD unicorn dresses. There's a couple other older TD prints I wouldn't mind getting, but nothing I REALLY am after. You really have to be patient when searching for TD unicorns; it can definitely take years to find them. 
Anyway, back to this dress. I first received it last Saturday, and was so excited to try it on. But, unfortunately no matter how we tried to zip it up (it's a dreaded side zip), the zipper wouldn't budge over the waist seam. Bob could see the dress was big enough for me, but that damn zipper just wouldn't move up any more. So, that day I dropped it off at the dry cleaners (they also replace zippers). I impatiently waited until yesterday to pick it up. I put it on as soon as I got home, and voila, it zipped! 
TD only ever released one print in this dress style. I'm hoping they'll bring this style back, because I love it! I think it's quite flattering. I like the contrast of the solid red top part, with the print skirt part. Also, now I have another fruit print in my closet! Never enough fruit prints for me, ha. This print is called Big Band Bows, and the dress style is called Jaclyn. 
It seems like a 1940's style to me. The majority of my wardrobe is obviously quite 50's, but I do have some 40's styles as well, and I do love both eras, clothing wise, although 50's will always be my favorite.







Dress: Swap (Trashy Diva)
Bangles: Etsy (BrighterBakelite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I got the roll & go and YES SAME! I thought it was just me being useless! It isn't as easy as they claim but nothing ever is. It does HELP though so yeah, I think we need to be patient and keep trying. For me, it's hard because I have bangs - they never look right! Also with my curly hair, it's a process to straighten the sections and essentially re-curl it so it does what it needs to. AHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great on you! Congratulations on your trade! <3

    ReplyDelete