Sunday, March 12, 2017

A PA Day

Hello there! Well today is freezing and really sunny out, but we're supposed to get hit with a blizzard, starting Monday night. Even though that's only tomorrow night, things could still change before then. Before last week, we had only used ONE snow day for winter (we have 5 built in to the calendar), but we used another on Friday, and now, more than likely will be using at least one this week.
Well, I had a really good time yesterday, shopping in PA with my mom. I got back home to my place around 3:30 or so. Our first stop was two hours away, at Stamm House. Kay Stamm makes beautiful vintage reproduction holiday decorations. Her shop is always so gorgeous; she makes such cute displays. She had a lot of new Easter items this time, which I was very happy about. She had been closed since December; she always closes during the winter, and yesterday was opening day. We're usually there about an hour. The shop isn't very big, but there's so much to look at, and decisions to make! I always have pictures on my phone of my existing Stamm House collection, so I make sure I'm not buying duplicates. She had a good amount of Christmas items out, and a little Halloween. I only bought Easter items this time. Of all three holidays, her Easter items are my favorite, because of the colors! Another nice perk is that a lot of the items are small in size, and easier for me to display and store. 
After we left her shop we stopped at the antique mall we always go to, but I didn't find anything there. We then went to two more antique malls that I had never been to. I did find a few cheap items at those two places. I got a set of vintage dish towels, a pitcher and glass set for our bar cart, a smalll sour cream glass, which is also on our bar cart, and an old dessert canister which has a really cute design, and I put on our kitchen counter. The problem with antiquing is how much I see that I want to buy, ha! I saw a lot of Pyrex I would have liked, but held myself back on that. I posted pictures below of my finds.
I wore one of my Bernie Dexter paint palette Kelly dresses yesterday. I have worn this one a few times since I got it a month ago (and also posted a blog featuring it). I now have three Bernie dresses with palette prints. It's such a fun, bright print, and the paint palette brooch and earrnings I have are so perfect with them!







                                 I already had the donut cookie jar, but the bunny & canister were finds
                                 from yesterday.






Dress: Bernie Dexter
Bangles: Etsy (BrighterBakelite)
Brooch: Lillian Madison Designs
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Great finds! And I love all your cute little rabbits! <3

    ReplyDelete