Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Rainbow Brite

Hello there! We had a two hour delay at work today (I work in a school) due to freezing rain, which was quite nice. It's the second one that's happened since I started there. I've yet to had a snow day though. Maybe that'll happen in February, since that's when we get the most snow usually. 
I don't have too much going on this week, except I'm meeting a friend on Saturday at Panera, and another friend may be coming, too.
I received the rainbow skirt I'm wearing in the below pictures in the mail yesterday, from Modcloth. I wore it to work today. I LOVE it! It's my second rainbow stripe Modcloth skirt; they released this skirt in a pastel rainbow striped version last year. They're both quite comfy; they have a bit of elastic in the back of the waistband. This bright rainbow version runs a little bigger in the waist than my pastel one. 
Modcloth hasn't been coming out with much I like at all in the past year or so. But, this time last year they did release a couple of items I loved, like the pastel rainbow skirt, and a rainbow dress. I occassionally buy BAIT Footwear shoes from them, too. 
In the pictures I'm wearing Bakelite bangles I bought from the Etsy shop Brighter Bakelite. They're my favorite shop for Bakelite. They release new items in the shop every Monday & Thursday, so I always check them out on those days, and I just found out today that they're vending at Viva!! I can't wait to check out their booth.
I got a lot of comments from staff where I work today, about how brightly I was dressed. 
I guess some of them don't notice I dress quite bright every day! I wish they'd all just get used to already. It's really hard being as shy as I am, and dressing the way I do, since it attracts so many looks and attention; things I don't want.








Top: Pinup Girl Clothing
Skirt: Modcloth
Bangles: Etsy (Brighter Bakelite)
Brooch: Etsy (Luxulite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Love it all! I can't decide on this skirt. I have the pastel one from last year AND the halter dress in this color hue. I realized they just released both in the opposite colors so I'm not sure I need both in both. I can see you mostly liking stuff from ModCloth just prior to spring happening as some of their more bold prints happen then! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love the skirt and the bakelite bangles, so colourful and fun! Yeah sometimes it's a bit uneasy for us shy/introvert ladies, when we have people comment on the way we dress/look differently from everyone else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is so perfect on you! I have it in the pastel stripes too and love it. You are right, it is a really comfy skirt :) I'm sure the ladies will get used to your outfits eventually <3

    ReplyDelete