Saturday, January 28, 2017

Candy Kelly

Hello there! I'm so glad that January is coming to an end, as I really am not a fan of this month, or of February. After Christmas, it's depressing until spring comes. Too cold and bleak and gray, even though we have had one of our warmest winters on record, thus far.
Plus, in spring I'm going on two trips, so I am really looking forward to that. 
I don't have much going on for this weekend. Today I'll be doing my usual Saturday tasks like cleaning, laundry, and working out. I saw three friends that I worked with at a former job on Thursday. I met them at a restaurant after work. I usually see them once a month, and it's nice to catch up with them.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my candy print Bernie Dexter Kelly dress that I got back in October, and posted about then, too. With the arrival of a new Kelly today, it'll bring my Kelly count up to 10. The kitchen print one is my favorite, but I would say this one is my second favorite. I mean, it's super bright, with sweets all over it...clearly, it's screaming my name! Some may think this is just a dress to wear in October, because of the candy theme, and yes, there little pumpkins and candy corn on it ha, but to me it's year round, since most of the candy is not exclusive to Halloween. I can't resist pairing this dress with an armful of rainbow Bakelite. They are the perfect pairing. 
I got these bangles back in October, too, and now I'm obsessed with Bakelite! I got these from the Etsy shop BrighterBakelite, and I have since made a couple of other purchases. The shop posts new items every Monday & Thursday, so I always check it out on those days. They also do 20% off and 30% off sales fairly often, which is awesome. The problem is, if you spot a piece you really want and you wait for a sale, it may have sold by then. So, it's risky to wait.
 





Dress: Bernie Dexter
Bakelite: Etsy (BrighterBakelite)
Heels: BAIT Footwear


~Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this dress on you! My little sister has this dress, and I'm really regretting not getting it in the latest Zulily sale so I could twin with her. I loveeeeeee your Brighter Bakelight stack!

    ReplyDelete