Saturday, January 14, 2017

Courtney Dress

Hello there! Today I'll be doing  cleaning, laundry, working out, and taking down the tree, and then in the afternoon I'll be seeing a couple of friends, going to a friend's apartment, and then having an early dinner at Panera, which I haven't been to in quite awhile. 
I'm really hoping to book our Vegas trip this weekend. I'm ready to just do it, but Bob likes to wait until it gets closer, to see if the prices drop at all. But, I don't like to wait too long, because usually the decent flight times disappear by then. I'll definitely feel better once it's booked. It's just under three months away now. We're going to stay at the Flamingo, which is a haul from the Orleans, where Viva is held, but we'll just use Uber to get there and back. 
We like the Flamingo best of all the hotels we've stayed at in Vegas.
In the pictures below I'm wearing my new Trashy Diva Courtney dress/coat that I snagged for a GREAT price on eBay. It origially retailed for over $200, and I got it for under $100. It's in good condition, and the material is so heavy, and of great quality. I will not be wearing it as a coat, only as a dress. When I first saw it on eBay, that's what my plan was, for a couple of reasons: it's not thick enough to really be a coat, plus I wouldn't be able to fit a dress under it, because it's so tight on my bust. Also, I just love how it looks as a dress! I think the two large buttons are so cute, and that the shoes I'm wearing with the buttons on them go great with the dress. My Trashy Diva red dresses are my closet staples. You can't go wrong with a flattering, classic red dress, and no one makes flattering dresses like TD!
The bracelet I'm wearing is vintage celluloid from the 1930's or 40's. I got it from Etsy, and the condition is wonderful. It feels so neat to wear vintage jewelry. I don't yet own a vintage dress, but I'm sure I will at some point in the future! I almost bought a vintage polka dot shirt dress this week, but decided not to, mostly because it was pricey, and I didn't want to spend the money.





Dress: eBay (Trashy Diva)
Brooch: Erstwilder
Bracelet: Etsy 
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Totally digging this as a dress - why the heck not? It's so cute and I can totally see you mixing it up and wearing a striped tee underneath or polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you picked up this dress! I was watching it on ebay too! :) Also, I love the Flamingo! I've never stayed there but I love stopping there and seeing the real flamingos they have <3

    ReplyDelete