Thursday, January 19, 2017

Let Me Entertain You

Hello there! Last night I went to a board meeting at the school I work at, and tomorrow I'm meeting my friend for dinner at Panera (rescheduled for last Saturday when it snowed), and then Saturday night Bob and I are going out for drinks with a friend and her co-workers. 
So, it's a bit of a busier week than normal for me. But, I like having at least a little something to do in the winter, because otherwise it's just so dreary and depressing being stuck inside at home and work. 
I just can't wait until early spring, when we can start going on weekend day trips again. I know the first Saturday in March, which is still winter, I'll be going out to PA with my mom to go shopping, so I'm looking forward to that. Our favorite shop that's out there is closed during most of the winter, but that's their opening weekend, and I can't wait to see all the new Easter items she's made!
In the pictures below I'm wearing a Bernie Dexter Nicole style dress; the print is called "Let Me Entertain You", and I ordered it from Unique Vintage during their after Christmas sale. I avoid ordering from them at all costs, as I've had bad experiences with them in the past, including the fact that it takes longer for me to receive packages from them (they're located in Cali), than it does for me to receive things from Australia! But, the dress was a really good price, cheaper than on Bernie's price, so I decided to snag it. It took me two weeks to receive it from the time I placed the order, which is what I was expecting. 
I wore this outfit when I went to the movies on Monday with my mom to see "La La Land". I avoid going to the movies, as it's so expensive, and it's much more comfortable to watch a movie at home, but I have been wanting to see that movie, and my mom has to, so she asked me if I would go. The movie was pretty good, and it didn't hurt getting to look at Ryan Gosling for two hours, ha! I love Emma Stone, as well. I just wish the ending had been different.
 






Dress: Bernie Dexter
Brooch: Erstwilder
Bangles: Splendette
Heels: BAIT Footwear

~Bye bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. UV is SOOOOOO slow with their shipping. It's truly baffling. I am glad your dress arrived - they have great prices on Bernie's right now. I am tempted to go for a couple. It's so hard to say no!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay another fun Bernie dress, love the print on this one Bristol! I hope you have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about needing to get out in winter otherwise it will seem so dreary and cold. I'm really counting down the days until spring when it starts warming up again! Love your dress! It was the perfect dress for a night at the movies! <3

    ReplyDelete